• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best place to stay on property for short trip

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:12 AM
  • 26 Replies
I live in FL and tend to go to Disney a few times a year (on of my friend's is also a performer there) but we usually stay off site. Well I will be in Orlando next week for work training and sent the family is coming I thought we would spend the weekend at Disney. What's a good and somewhat reasonable (doesn't have to bs the very cheapest) resort to stay for 2 or 3 nights with hubby and out girls who are almost 5 and 16 months?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matofour
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Truthfully, the value resorts are great. We have stayed value a few times and deluxe a few times. We enjoy the value resorts just as much as the deluxe. My kids love the all star movies, huge characters everywhere.
And we loved pop century, they have a great little goody splash pad. Which my kids could play in for hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I would also recommend the value resorts. They are all priced just about the same, and have super fun, way over the top kid oriented themeing.

littlefoots
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Since you are a florida resident.. dont forget to check out the offers that are going on right now for you..  All Current WDW Offers - UPDATED 2/5/12

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:31 AM
What does your friend do at WDW?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Some of the lower priced Moderates are about the same or less then some of the offers at a Value(I just checked their web site for prices).  What parks do you want to do?  I would pick one close to it.  But if you are just looking for a cheap spot, go Value.  But I would call them, they may now of a special that may help you more.  And like littlefoots said, check the resident discounts.

nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:06 AM
She performs in the parades (like next week she will be dancing in the animal kingdom and hollywood studios parade) she dances in shows (I actually need to check which ones she's doing these days. For many years one of the shows she danced in was High School Musical). She has been a performer at Disney for at least 7-8 years now.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

What does your friend do at WDW?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:08 AM
My only concern about the value resorts was that I heard taking buses to the parks can take awhile. Is this true? Also Do they I any bigger beds? I can't sleep with hubby in a double bed lol, I need more room.

Quoting matofour:

Truthfully, the value resorts are great. We have stayed value a few times and deluxe a few times. We enjoy the value resorts just as much as the deluxe. My kids love the all star movies, huge characters everywhere.

And we loved pop century, they have a great little goody splash pad. Which my kids could play in for hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Their beds and rooms are small. Kids generally love those resorts but we had a bad experience there and vowed to never go back. We are Disney Vacation Club members (because of our bad experience) and love The Beach Club but their rooms are pricey.

Quoting nomadbrat83:

My only concern about the value resorts was that I heard taking buses to the parks can take awhile. Is this true? Also Do they I any bigger beds? I can't sleep with hubby in a double bed lol, I need more room.

Quoting matofour:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM
The buses are no slower than and other resort. And at night time because the values are so large we never waited for a bus.
Yes beds are twin. My husband and I both take one, my kids personally love to sleep on the floor at hotels. So, it's never been a problem for us. And when we needed a pack n play, we had room for that too.

Quoting nomadbrat83:

Quoting matofour:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Our youngest will be in a pack and play and yeah our daughter can do a disney air bed matress on the floor.  Not sure if I will convince hubby to do twin beds.  He has been deployed most of the past three years (he just got out of the military) and is happy to finally get to sleep in the same bed as his wife lol.

Quoting matofour:

The buses are no slower than and other resort. And at night time because the values are so large we never waited for a bus.
Yes beds are twin. My husband and I both take one, my kids personally love to sleep on the floor at hotels. So, it's never been a problem for us. And when we needed a pack n play, we had room for that too.

Quoting nomadbrat83:

Quoting matofour:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)