Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Questions (Rides for smaller kids and Souveniers)

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:59 AM
  • 18 Replies

Q.1    We are going to Magic Kingdom in a week and a half. I haven't been since 1988 LOL when I was a youngster. Anyhow I  have a 10yr.old and 3yr.old. My 3yr.old is tiny everyone thinks she's 2, she's about 36inches. What rides can she go on by herself or with myself?  Can her older sister take her on a ride instead of me if she needs a chaperone?

Q.2     What are the prices of typical souvieners? I know I want to get my girls mouse ears to wear is their anything else that's popular or must haves?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KerryK
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:50 AM
I think mouse ears are about 16, they vary a bit. There are things like magnets and key chains for 5 or less, all the way up to art in the thousands with plenty of in between.
As far as rides go she wouldn't be able to go on anything alone, the rides at disney are family rides so you can all go, and there are plenty that have no height restrictions. There will be some things she can't do because of her size, like roller coasters and such, but there are plenty you can do together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Pressed pennies are a great souviner- they are ALL over the place (hotels, stores, parks, etc) and only cost $.51 each. Those are perfect for both ages, and you can buy books to store them in. Just bring a roll of quarters, and a roll of pennies. With 1 roll of quarters, you can get 20 pressed pennies. I use a mini M&M container to hold the quarters & pennies.

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:08 AM
She'll be able to go on most all of the rides at MK except splash mountain, Stitchs great escape and Space Mountain. Thunder mountain is closed right now. Your older daughter can take her on rides by herself if you want, but most rides you can all 3 go on together. If it were me I'd only let your older daughter take her by herself on rides like aladdins carpets or something like that where you can keep them both in your sight the whole time.

As for souvenirs, they vary greatly. If you're looking for hats or ears it could be between 15-30. They have smaller things too but most everything at Disney is fairly expensive since its Disney. Have fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:33 AM
I don't believe they will allow a ten year old to go on rides with your three year old without a grown up.
Maybe some of the fantasyland rides they will let you, but it's doubtful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM
They will, we've done it. But usually I'll ride in the cart behind them (for instance on Peter pan or buzz).

Quoting matofour:

I don't believe they will allow a ten year old to go on rides with your three year old without a grown up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM
That's not alone.
From what I gather the OP wants to let them ride alone. At ten, they won't let her ride alone with a three year old.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

They will, we've done it. But usually I'll ride in the cart behind them (for instance on Peter pan or buzz).

Quoting matofour:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:47 AM
That was an example of when I went with them but they rode themselves. I have let mine go alone (and seen others go alone) on rides. I've only done it on rides like dumbo where I can watch them the whole time.

Quoting matofour:

That's not alone.

From what I gather the OP wants to let them ride alone. At ten, they won't let her ride alone with a three year old.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Quoting matofour:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:52 AM
But I will add that I would not want my kids going alone on a ride where I can't visibly see them the whole time. Disney is such a big place and so easy to get lost in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiNKeasMom
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Here is a great link to put in your DDs height and see what she can't ride. http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/height.htm

I would not let my 3yo ride alone or with a 10yo on anything but something I could see the entire time. Dumbo, Aladdin, the Carousel, Tea Cups. Those you can watch them through the entire entrance line and wait near the exit. But honestly, why would you not want to ride everything and share the experience with them??????

We love the pressed pennies, I think my book was $11 to keep them in and cost to do them is .51. Mickey ears run average $16, more to personalize, or if they are "special"--I think my DDs "Pirate Princess" one was $22. Our favorite souvenirs are our pictures, we take TONS and then put together a scrap book after each trip.

Have fun!!!

danarae1976
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Check the Disney world web site just to be sure.   My son was 36 inches and he went on the Snow White Ride,  The Dumbo Ride, The Peter Pan Ride, It's a Small World,  the carousel, The Winnie the Poooh one ...a couple others at the Magic Kingdom. 

The ears start at about $15 plus tax.   Each little shop seems to have something different.  A big thing to do is trading the pins. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)