Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our dining...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM
  • 21 Replies

Here's our list...Have you been??? What did you think???

I * the ones that are our repeats...

Liberty Tree Tavern

Akershus*

San Angel Inn

O'Hana Best Friends breakfast*

1900 Park Fare dinner*

Chef Mickey's*

Narcoossee's

Hollywood and Vine

Hollywood Brown Derby

Whispering Canyon Cafe breakfast*

Sanaa

Rose & Crown Pub*

Coral Reef*

Fulton's Crab House

Restaurant Marrakesh*

Le Cellier

The Wave*

Crystal Palace

We are trying a decent amount of new places! Yay for us! LOL. I wanted California Grill desperately, but hubby didn't when I was making ressies 180 out...now he says fine, but of course there are none avail! Ugh...dang him.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom22tumblebugs
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I think Akershus was good, but I don't think I would repeat it.

ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I like your choices with the exception of Chef Mickey's. I hate that place with the fiery passion of 1000 infernos and hate even stopping in the Contemporary Resort because I have to glimpse it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I didn't like Akershus, but we went for dinner and were told breakfast was much better.

I think some of these depend on what meal you're going for too ... we did Hollywood and Vine for lunch and it was horrible. The worst buffet we ate at (I got stuff from the kids' section because the adult area was really gross.)

Le Cellier is REALLY good. Last time there I had the Moosehead beer cheese soup ... that alone made it worth it!

Liberty Tree Tavern is fine. Nothing bad, nothing spectacular.

Be sure to come back with reviews! Next time we go Hollywood Brown Derby is on my list.

RiNKeasMom
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:01 PM

We did in 2008, and didn't return until now. I remember onot being a fan of the choices and choosing vegetarian for my meal...which was actually quite good. Our main reason is that Mommy does not do character lines and this is a princess interaction we really enjoyed the first time around. It's funny...I insisted we do breakfast instead of lunch because of the food last time....and now I'm slightly wishing we did lunch because now I want that food....ugh...preggo crazy lady.

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

I think Akershus was good, but I don't think I would repeat it.

RiNKeasMom
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:03 PM

LOL...we went for the first time in 2010 and didn't find it toooooo bad. I have a big Mickey fan and hubby loves it here for some reason =). I honestly could pick about 10 different places but for them...I cave.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I like your choices with the exception of Chef Mickey's. I hate that place with the fiery passion of 1000 infernos and hate even stopping in the Contemporary Resort because I have to glimpse it.

RiNKeasMom
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:06 PM

We are doing H&V for lunch....it was a must because of Jake being there. If the food is that bad, thankfully I have snack credits and a dinner for the night planned!

Our Liberty Tree night is the one I want to replace with California Grill...damn hubby.

I will def. be back with reviews!!!

Quoting RMT1995:

I didn't like Akershus, but we went for dinner and were told breakfast was much better.

I think some of these depend on what meal you're going for too ... we did Hollywood and Vine for lunch and it was horrible. The worst buffet we ate at (I got stuff from the kids' section because the adult area was really gross.)

Le Cellier is REALLY good. Last time there I had the Moosehead beer cheese soup ... that alone made it worth it!

Liberty Tree Tavern is fine. Nothing bad, nothing spectacular.

Be sure to come back with reviews! Next time we go Hollywood Brown Derby is on my list.

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Quoting RiNKeasMom:

We are doing H&V for lunch....it was a must because of Jake being there. If the food is that bad, thankfully I have snack credits and a dinner for the night planned!

That's why we did H&V - my daughter LOVED the Little Einstein's, so we booked lunch there. Little did we know that we'd see them right outside of the building where they were doing that Playhouse Disney show!

At that time they also had characters there from Jojo's Circus (I think it was called ... ) She had no clue who they were and got a little annoyed that they came over when she just wanted to eat her macaroni and cheese. We were hysterical over her saying "Why does that clown want my picture?" LOL None of us knew anything about them. (We thought Jojo was a boy!)

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Liberty Tree Tavern   We went one time and it was when they had the charters, the food was so good we loved it.

Akershus*  We have also been to this one for breakfast and dinner I like the dinner one more then breakfast.

San Angel Inn I was  kid the 1st time we went to this one when Ecpot 1st opened and we have been a few more time as the years have gone by and I LOVE mexican food so I love the way it looks and it always bring me back to when I was a kid and eating at it for the 1st time:)

O'Hana Best Friends breakfast* We like you love it:)

1900 Park Fare dinner* also a do for my family each time we go:)

Chef Mickey's* We have done it only two times one for breakfast and one for dinner, I don't care for the food that much for the food at dinner was good and I would go for dinner again but not breakfast

Narcoossee's have not been

Hollywood and Vine we have gone for late lunch when we go to HS and to the packing for Fantasmic

Hollywood Brown Derby Have not been would like to one day

Whispering Canyon Cafe breakfast* lol always a great time:)

Sanaa we went for the 1st time in Sept and LOVED IT! but I love African food and if your family is not in to trying new foods just let them know and they can tell you all about the food.

lol no food photo's

Rose & Crown Pub* I have not been but my family has and loved it we lived in the UK for 3 years and my mom says the food was just as good as eatting it in the UK

Coral Reef* we have not gone to this b/c we live in south Miami so we go to the Keys a lot for fish and what not but I would like to try it once b/c it looks like a lot of fun.

Fulton's Crab House have not been

Restaurant Marrakesh* have not gone to this but on my list to try one time

Le Cellier Also have not been on that list to try

The Wave*  No not yet lol

Crystal Palace my mom loves this for anytime we go lol we try to go at 4pm for dinner always great food and a lot of fun.

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I vote Chef Mickey's! That one sounds fun, but was out when we did our res's.

Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I havent been to WDW.  Its my dream to go one day but right now, its a far away dream lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)