Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

disney on a budget?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM
  • 14 Replies

We are going to DW end of May. We are saving everything we can, but we still wont have too much to spend. Do you ladies have any money saving tricks or cheap eats for the week in FL?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlefoots
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:13 PM

If you are military.. are you taking advantage of the military offers.. which can help you tremendously..

marieu82
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I did get the disney passes from shades of green. But we found a condo we are renting for the week that is a lot cheaper than the hotel. other than that I dont know any other discounts we could get?

MrsParvi
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM
There is a walmart not far from Disney and fridges in most rooms! You can have cereal for breakfast right in your room. Make sandwiches and bring them with you(I'm not sure if you can bring them in the parks).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlefoots
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Quoting marieu82:

I did get the disney passes from shades of green. But we found a condo we are renting for the week that is a lot cheaper than the hotel. other than that I dont know any other discounts we could get?

Military wise.. they had the tickets.. which you said you purchased.. yay!!

Shades has their special offers.. and Disney has the military special going which is 40% off room rates at resorts (space limited), and you can add the dining plans at reg pricing.

Fireflyfields
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Well Disney definitely isn't cheap --- something we have always done is eat a bigger breakfast and then snack until dinner, popcorn is fairly cheap and filling.  When our kids were younger we would get 2-3 burgers and then share the burgers and fries among us (there are 5 in our family).  You could do this with other meals though as well.

Are you staying on property or off?  If you are staying off and have a vehicle then food will be a bit cheaper off property.  If your hotel has a fridge then go off and find a store-- buy snacks, bottled water, stuff for sandwiches, milk and cereal, etc.  That will help your food bill too.  There are Super Targets and Walmart's around.  Winn Dixie can be pricey if you don't have one of their cards and Publix can be somewhat pricey as well.

I always take a backpack with me and you can put water and snacks into that to take with you into the parks.  

A neat place to go in Epcot is the Coke tasting station.  You just get little cups but you can stay as long as you want and its something different than water for change.

Hmm-- that is all I can think of at the moment --

littlefoots
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Quoting MrsParvi:

Make sandwiches and bring them with you(I'm not sure if you can bring them in the parks).

Yes, you can bring food into the parks.. they will not accept glass containers or alcohol.

Sweet_Britt
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:29 PM

If you eat there, split!!!! Their quick service meals (like fast food), are HUGE, easy for adults to split or kids! We NEVER finishes a full meal...LOL

buy reusable water bottles and just fill them constantly :D

marieu82
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM

great advice! thx       when you buy a reusable mugs will they refill them for free? and how about those popcorn buckets will they refill them for free?

TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:39 PM

That Walmart is AWESOME for cheap Disney stuff!!!

Quoting MrsParvi:

There is a walmart not far from Disney and fridges in most rooms! You can have cereal for breakfast right in your room. Make sandwiches and bring them with you(I'm not sure if you can bring them in the parks).

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Quoting marieu82:

great advice! thx       when you buy a reusable mugs will they refill them for free? and how about those popcorn buckets will they refill them for free?

NO the only time you can get a mug refill is if your at a Disney resort and they have free refills and the popcorn buckets no free refill on them.

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)