Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Old Key West

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:27 AM
  • 11 Replies

My mom and dad are DVCM and they needed to use a few points b4 the end of April, now March 9-11 we are going on our mom and DD's weekend get away to WDW:)

We are not going to any parks just to hong out and try new eats.....

Has anyone been to Old Key West b4? How did you like it? How was the pool?

We are also going to try new eats like the Captain cook's at the Poly for dinner our 1st night that way we can hop in the pool, get dinner and see the fireworks from MK. (I did a post asking if anyone had dinner b4 at Captain cook's)

We are going to Cap May Saturday this we have done b4 but not with my little Maddie:) it's going to be her 1st and she just LOVES "her Mickey" so she'll be able to see him by us going to this for breakfast.

After that back to OKW for pOOl time lol that is all my DD's want to do, my teen tells me she needs to work on her tan b4 our Disney Cruise in May lol

For dinner that night we are going to Garden Grove at the Swan and Dolphin we have never been to this. I can not wait to try it out. IF you have been for dinner would love to hear what you like about it:)

Then Sunday going home but not b4 going to the BEST QS EVER in DTD to Wolfgang pucks! WE found this out a few years ago and just LOVED it so much that we go eat at WGP's b4 going home and yes shopping lol

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my2sweetjoys
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM

It sounds like a great trip and so glad your little one gets to see Mickey.The resort looks great and lots of things to do there.It looks like a pretty big place to see.Have a awesome time!

nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:46 PM
We almost were going to stat there next weekend but decided to get annual passes instead and stay off site and then an onside stay when we have more time to plan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I haven't stayed at OKW myself, but I have heard many people just rave about it.  Have you ever watched Wishes from the beach at the Poly?  Since you are going to be there for dinner anyway, I would highly recommend checking it out.  It's an entirely new perspective!

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:53 AM

no we have never seen Wishes from Poly of the things we hope to do:) we'll be at the pool and get the QS (we can pool hop b/c my mom is DVCM:) ) I can not wait, they just told me I don't have to pay for anything for my DD's and I only want I would like to get:)

mrswillie
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Have a wonderful trip!

pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

We have stayed there several times and it is a really nice resort.  They have the Conch's Flat Community Hall where you can rent DVD's, watch TV, play games and more.  My kids loved going down there for the crafts.  The main pool is really nice with a fun slide.  There is also a sauna & hot tub too.  Here are a few photos of the main pool, kiddie pool and the playground.  We also like to eat at Olivia's.

This is the main pool and slide

Kiddie pool

Part of the play area

This is the sauna

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Thanks for showing the photo's! THe pool looks great I can not wait lol

We'll just be at OKW all day on Saturday after going to Cap May lol

We went to Vero beach in Sept and my DD's loved getting a DVD b4 going to the room:)

tabs852
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Fun!!!

Quoting pixiemg1:

We have stayed there several times and it is a really nice resort.  They have the Conch's Flat Community Hall where you can rent DVD's, watch TV, play games and more.  My kids loved going down there for the crafts.  The main pool is really nice with a fun slide.  There is also a sauna & hot tub too.  Here are a few photos of the main pool, kiddie pool and the playground.  We also like to eat at Olivia's.

This is the main pool and slide

Kiddie pool

Part of the play area

This is the sauna

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Your welcome!  You guys will have a lot of fun there.  

Quoting Dawne98:

We went to Vero beach in Sept and my DD's loved getting a DVD b4 going to the room:)

Mom to Ian & Stella

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM

We have been to Disney Vero beach and OKW looks a lot like that (the rooms and what not lol). We loved Vero beach but they had no rooms for the weekend we want to go :( SO wdw it was :)

Quoting pixiemg1:

Your welcome!  You guys will have a lot of fun there.  

Quoting Dawne98:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)