Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

How far in advance...(Disney Cruise)

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM
  • 17 Replies

We are planning on going on a Disney Cruise in April of 2014. How far in advance should you book your trip? We've never been on a cruise before so any info would be great!

by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlefoots
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:25 PM

DCL can be booked 2 years out. Book as soon as possible..as that is the best rates. Disney's fleet is small and they do not do the last minute offers like you see with say..Carnival etc.  Farthest out= better rate. Also..check into any companies that may offer you incentives etc for booking (such as onboard credits , perks etc) as that can help as well.

haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Wow! 2 years!! I was thinking a couple months, but not anymore lol! When you book do you pay in one full payment or do you make payments? I was planning on just making one full payment, but if I was to book 2 years ahead of time I wont be able to do it. =( 

Quoting littlefoots:

DCL can be booked 2 years out. Book as soon as possible..as that is the best rates. Disney's fleet is small and they do not do the last minute offers like you see with say..Carnival etc.  Farthest out= better rate. Also..check into any companies that may offer you incentives etc for booking (such as onboard credits , perks etc) as that can help as well.

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:38 AM
If its like other cruise lines you can pay a down payment and the rest usually has to be paid by 6 weeks before u leave. I know that's how other cruise lines do it. Not sure about disney. Go online and go through the process like you're gonna book it and see what it says (just don't actually book it yet)

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

Wow! 2 years!! I was thinking a couple months, but not anymore lol! When you book do you pay in one full payment or do you make payments? I was planning on just making one full payment, but if I was to book 2 years ahead of time I wont be able to do it. =( 

Quoting littlefoots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Good idea!

Quoting MamaJessx3:

If its like other cruise lines you can pay a down payment and the rest usually has to be paid by 6 weeks before u leave. I know that's how other cruise lines do it. Not sure about disney. Go online and go through the process like you're gonna book it and see what it says (just don't actually book it yet)

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

Quoting littlefoots:

haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:42 AM

The whole point of the cruise would be to go for Chloe's 5th birthday. How would it work it I find a date where her birthday comes in the middle of the cruise? For example: Departure is Day 1 and her birthday is say Day3 and coming home is Day 7. How does that affect pricing? Do I put her age down as 4 or 5?

elasmimi
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I would also book as far out as possible. It's amazing how quickly the ships fill up. Plus, planning is half the fun, and you can take your time deciding what you want to do.

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM
I don't think that effects pricing. She'd still be a kid right? But you'd put the age she'll be when u get on the ship.

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

The whole point of the cruise would be to go for Chloe's 5th birthday. How would it work it I find a date where her birthday comes in the middle of the cruise? For example: Departure is Day 1 and her birthday is say Day3 and coming home is Day 7. How does that affect pricing? Do I put her age down as 4 or 5?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabs852
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I would love to bring my kids on a Disney crise! My daughter is too young (we brought her on a carnival cruise in Nov & she didn't exactly love it) but 4-5 years old is SO perfect for a cruise!!

With Disney Cruise line, the sooner you book the better.. I'm pretty sure the price never depreciates so you won't get last minute booking deals, and waiting too late might mean the ship is booked completely..

tabs852
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Are you planning on doing just the cruise or are you going to include DW in the package as well?

My SIL did the cruise & DW years ago. She still talks about how much fun she had! It was her favorite vacation ever.. Makes me want to go SOOO bad lol

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:22 PM
She lives by WDW and is an annual passholder

Quoting tabs852:

Are you planning on doing just the cruise or are you going to include DW in the package as well?

My SIL did the cruise & DW years ago. She still talks about how much fun she had! It was her favorite vacation ever.. Makes me want to go SOOO bad lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN