Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

One More Disney Day with review and pics

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM
  • 13 Replies

My husband got home from work around 6 and we headed out shortly after to drop the kids off at the inlaws and head to MK.  I could tell as soon as we got to the entrance to the parking lot that it was going to be busy because the car line was crazy at 7:15!  We got to the entrance of MK at about 7:40 and this is what we saw...

I have NEVER stood in lines like this at the entrance....especially at nearly 8pm!!  When we got through the turnstiles we stopped to take a picture in front of the "one more day" sign.

Then we stopped at the Eporium to get my shirt first thing!

We headed straight for tomorrowland, which was a task in itself since Wishes started at 8 and it was now 7:55 so everyone was standing around waiting!  We went straight to Space Mountain and walked right on, no wait whatsoever!  Got off of it and went right back on with about a 3 minute wait (wishes had just ended).  When we got off it that time the wait time said 35 minutes already.  We had got fp's for it when we first got there so we decided to do something else and wait for our fp time.  We browsed some shops in tomorrowland (I really enjoyed being able to do that last night since we didnt have the kids...and we did it A LOT!) and then got fast passes for Buzz when our time came up...the stand by wait time was 30 minutes.  We headed back over to Space Mountain to use those fp's...the wait time was 80 minutes by now.  There was a couple teenage guys standing outside and you could tell they were deciding whether or not to wait in line.  They both had the pins that they gave out that said "one more dianey day" and i really wanted one (they had ran out way before we got there) so we offered to trade them our fp's for a pin.  They happily accepted and I got my pin :)

After that we went on Buzz, then we slowly headed over towards fantasyland, stopping in lots of shops.  I got a mickey ice cream on the way.  We stopped in the princess shop behind the castle to look at the outfits because we plan to get my daughter the ariel costume for her birthday so she can wear it to CRT.  Around 9:30 we headed over to Pecos Bills to eat a late dinner.  At 10 (right when the parade was starting) we went to Splash Mountain....walked right on.  Decided to do it again, and waited in line for about 5 minutes (the parade had just ended)

Then we strolled through frontier land for awhile looking at shops, and doing all the "tourist" stuff that we don't normally take the time to do because we have the kids with us.

We were going to go on Haunted Mansion but the line was 35 minutes and we didn't feel like waiting.  We walked through the Christmas store, and then went to take some pictures of the castle. I love this one with the reflection.

Then we headed to adventurland to get some dole whip ice cream!  It was the longest I've ever stood in that line....took about 10 minutes.

We played around in the stores near Aladdins Magic carpet rides for a little bit...I love those stores!

We headed to POTC next, my husband's favorite ride.  This was the longest we stood in line for anything (20 minutes) Here's a pic just after midnight at Pirates....and you can see the sourcerers game in the bottom lefthand corner.

I started to get a headache here that wasnt going away so we decided we should probably go...plus we were both getting tired....i'm not a night owl by any means.  So we headed back to take one more picture in front of the castle.

Then we spent about an hour or so walking through the shops on main street, looking at stuff.  I LOVE browsing at Disney!

By the time we exited the park it was between 1:30 and 2am and there were STILL lots of people coming in!  It was definitely busy, but considering we didnt' feel the need to do everything, we caught the things we wanted to do at the best times and walked right on, and then spent the rest of the time relaxing and walking around the shops and enjoying ourselves....stuff we don't normally get to do with the kids.  I LOVE our date day/nights at Disney and this one was just extra special!! 

Mommy to Zachary Charles 10/25/05, Logan Tanner 4/10/08, Rhyleigh Anne 4/11/09 and Allie Layne 7/22/10

by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Love the pictures.  I talked to my mom this afternoon and her & my dad were there at the same time you were.  She was amazed at the number of people there.  I hope they do this again in 4 years cause I would love to go.

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I was sure it was going to be crazy fun lol I have yet to see anything about it: as did they have shows going on fireworks just for that night?

MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 3:04 PM
They didn't do any special fireworks or anything that I know of, if that's what you're asking.

Quoting Dawne98:

I was sure it was going to be crazy fun lol I have yet to see anything about it: as did they have shows going on fireworks just for that night?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Sounds like fun!!

mommyshere
by Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I love your pictures!  You are too cute!  Now I can't wait for my next trip even more...

my2sweetjoys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Looks so fun! I love the pictures and thanks for sharing!!

MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yngmom3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 8:50 PM

WOW it looked sooo crowded at the gate, glad you had fun. 

tntmomof2
by Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:17 PM
That's awesome. We were in the area yesterday but dh can't do crowds like that so we went to universal instead. It was a ghost town there lol everyone was at MK
MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Yeah my husband hates crowds too.. Part of the reason he's not a big Disney fan

Quoting tntmomof2:

That's awesome. We were in the area yesterday but dh can't do crowds like that so we went to universal instead. It was a ghost town there lol everyone was at MK
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)