Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Delayed... :(

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM
  • 6 Replies
So DH and I decided today we're gonna delay our next DL trip. We had plans to go to DL this Drc for a few days. DS will be 5 and LO will be around 3 months. We were gonna stay at a good neighbor hotel and go for 2 days to the park. Nothing big, just a nice little vacay. But, $ is keeping our vacay at bay. So I told DH if we are waiting till Dec 2013 to go again, we are SO going for a GOOD long trip. So, he agreed. Lol. U don't mess with this momma and her DL! :D
I'm sad, but excited. It'll be perfect. Plannin on staying at Grand Californian and doing 4 days in the park.
Can't wait to plan it and get it all done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Sweet_Britt
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:28 AM

Dec? Thats still a long way for savings per paycheck! : )

But yay for a good long stay next year! Thats how I prefer to do Disney...haha

eykelley
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:03 AM
We had planned to go this year, but life just slapped u's in the face w/ reality. I'm due in sept with baby #2 and we need all the stuff again cuz we got rid of it last year. So, that's gonna cost a pretty penny. Plus, we're moving in May, so that's more $ outta pocket and I'll be on Maternity leave for 12 weeks which is only paid at 60% of my base. So, that's not gonna help either. :/ so, waiting till Dec 2013 is best. It sux, but I want a nice LONG trip to DL none of this weekend crap anymore lol. And I'm looking forward to staying at Grand Cali too. Never stayed there yet and it's so gonna happen. :)

Quoting Sweet_Britt:

Dec? Thats still a long way for savings per paycheck! : )

But yay for a good long stay next year! Thats how I prefer to do Disney...haha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
minneapolismama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM

that's a bummer, but i think it sounds like a good idea. your 1 yr old will actually enjoy it and you won't have a newborn to worry about. plus the extra days and money will be great. 

my2sweetjoys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I am so sorry for the delay but congrats on the new baby!Your son will enjoy it too and I havent seen pictures of the Grand Cali but of course I can dream about it!I would  love to go to DL.

Happy planning for the new little one! Stop by and dream through the trip reports until you get to make your own!!Hugs-

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:24 PM

That's what we decided ourselves, to wait till late 2013. We could probably save up enough to go this fall, but it would mean doing NOTHING at all this year with the kids (Ie: no camping, no trips to the amusement park that's about 2 hours away, even though we have season passes- every penny would go towards Disney) until then, and even then, if something big happened like a car breaking down, we'd be in trouble.

So, instead, we're saving up now through October 2013, and going for Halloween. We are figuring we'll have more than enough saved up by then, and even if something big happens, we should still have more than enough.

It'll be the first time any of our kids go- they will be 17, almost 12, and almost 15 at the time, so it'll likely be the last chance we get to take a BIG vacation before they're grown up and moving out, and starting families of their own. I'd rather do one HUGE trip and wait an extra year, than have to skimp on what we do for the trip by going this year.

joshlor2
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Oh I know how you feel! Our trip got pushed back last summer when I had to have a hysterectomy. It's all good because now we will be doing 4 Disney days and a day at legoland and Harry potter world!
It is totally going to be worth the wait.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)