Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Free Disney Movie!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

My friend mentioned that Disney Rewards had some sort of free movie offer going, but she couldn't remember the details. It's been a few years since I entered codes in (the kids had really stopped doing Disney movies), but recently, hubby has been buying me LOTS of Disney blu-ray's.

The deal is- enter any two codes from Disney DVD's or Blu-Ray's (qualifying, meaning unused), and you can choose any one of 3 Disney Blu-Ray movies. The choices are Bridge to Terabithia, Bugs Life, and Tinkerbell.

You can only choose 1 per account, regardless of how many codes you enter. There is a small shipping fee of $3.95 for your purchase.

We raided the movie shelf, and wound up with a total of 9 codes, and 1,175 points. SCORE!

We ordered Bugs Life, since we haven't had it in a while- the kids had long since scratched it all to crap.

And, I have a start in my account towards a fun prize- right now, I could get 2 $5 gift codes towards Disneystore.com, but I prefer to shop in the store, so I am (for now) passing on that. There was a pin set for 1900 points that I might save for.

Otherwise, I'll likely wait till Christmas and maybe order a movie or two to use as Christmas gifts, since Christmas is going to be a LOT lighter than the kids are used to (we are taking half of hubby's Christmas bonus, and using it towards DIsney, and my online income will be 100% towards Disney- normally, I save my online income from Sept-Nov, and use that towards Christmas).

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
vicky33006
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:32 PM

That's a great deal! I'll have to look into getting Bug's Life since DS doesn't have that one.

I'm doing the same thing for Christmas this year. It will be much smaller than usual because I'm putting that money toward Disney. My plan is to buy maybe five or six gifts for DS and then give him a GIANT box filled with Disney things and a calendar with a count down until we go. That will be the day he finds out we are going. I will say that Santa and me put our money together to buy the trip, and that Santa gave me some money to buy him some special things down in Disney. I really don't think he will be dissapointed. I think he's just going to be thrilled with the surprise.

haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I do the rewards also. I wish they had more options than just the three. We have all of those already =(

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Maybe pick one of them up for a gift for a niece or nephew?

Vicky- i love the idea of a countdown box. The kids are all older, but i am defintely doing suitcases for each of them, and i think i will also do things like Disney beach towels (clearance at the end of summer) and other small things. I know what size my oldest will be in, since she's done growing, but my younger two will have to wait for tshirts or bathing suits until just before we go.

Hats for each of them would work... I am loving this idea of a countdown box!
vicky33006
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM

It's so funny. People think I'm nuts for planning Christmas presents now! lol...but I've been looking for things and picking them when I see them. I just can't wait until DS opens it! He's been asking me constantly if I ever will have enough money to take him to Disney. All of his friends have gone and he told me if he had one wish it would be to go to Disney! When I heard that I had to make it happen, and now I'm all excited about his big Disney box...lol

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

Maybe pick one of them up for a gift for a niece or nephew?

Vicky- i love the idea of a countdown box. The kids are all older, but i am defintely doing suitcases for each of them, and i think i will also do things like Disney beach towels (clearance at the end of summer) and other small things. I know what size my oldest will be in, since she's done growing, but my younger two will have to wait for tshirts or bathing suits until just before we go.

Hats for each of them would work... I am loving this idea of a countdown box!

my2sweetjoys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I think that is great ideas for Christmas presents! It is so fun to plan a trip and we were just sitting here today talking about our October trip and planning the next trip in 2013! I kept saying instead of buying so much for Christmas that my son & daughter do not need, just put it towards a trip when FL expansion is done, at least put the down payment on it and make payments. It is our goal to earn  & save all of our trip money without borrowing or going into more debt, same as Christmas so we are preparing early!

Thanks for the tips--

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)