Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disneyland

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM
  • 10 Replies

DH and I are thinking of heading to Disneyland next year as our family trip. I don't plan on really planning it until we come back from our Disney World (which we're going to Friday). I know it's going to cost us more than going to Disney World (we live in Florida so we can drive our own car). So I was wondering what is there to do at Disneyland? Are there any must do things? Does Disneyland have their own resorts? Any info is welcomed.

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babynurse244
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Disneyland has a whole resort area. We go a few times a year, we have annual passes. There is Disneyland, California Adventure, and Down Town Disney. The Florida resort has several theme parks and is more spread out. I'd do both parks. California Adventure is opening CARS World in June - looks like a lot of tun!!!!!

I'm not sure what Disney World and Disneyland have in common anymore, it's been about 5 years since we did Disneyworld.

TiphaniMommy
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:19 PM
CARS park is the reason why we want to go.

Quoting babynurse244:

Disneyland has a whole resort area. We go a few times a year, we have annual passes. There is Disneyland, California Adventure, and Down Town Disney. The Florida resort has several theme parks and is more spread out. I'd do both parks. California Adventure is opening CARS World in June - looks like a lot of tun!!!!!

I'm not sure what Disney World and Disneyland have in common anymore, it's been about 5 years since we did Disneyworld.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:13 PM

WE too are going to DL next year in June!!!

My mom and dad are DVCM's so we'll be with them so I don't have to think of what resort to go to lol

I have been going on the DIS to read more about DL the last time I went to DL it was 1994! My sis lives in San Diego and she has been a few times but my BIL is not into Disney so not as much as I wish she would lol But just know it's NOTHING AT ALL LIKE WDW (the lay out of it all)....if you go to google earth and look at where it is  you'll get what I am talking about lol

momof5kiki
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM

cars, oh my goodness.....we have not been to Disneyland in about 10 years.  We went to Disneyland when we moved back to the states from Hawaii.  My three year old would freak.  I have a friend in Cali, and she always gets cheap passes to legoland, I might have to go make a trip out there to go to legoland and Disneyland with her.

mabdallah
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM
You will love Disneyland just remember its not DW. The castle was not made to be the real focus &throw all your ideas about Dining plans out the window. What I love most is u can stay off property and still only
have a 5 min walk to both Parks. You will spend considerable more time inside the Parks if u are going in the peak season u will need 4 days, 3 in the off season. Also both Parks are packed full of rides most really close not as much walking as DL. Ride Pirates, Space Mountain,because these are known to be far better at DL than DW. Also ride the rides that cannot be found at DW. Because there are a bunch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof5kiki
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM

My kids could ride soooo many more rids at DL they they could at DW because of the way the seating is on the rides which was highly disappointing for us because we went to Disneyland in January of 03 and then Disneyworld In Feb 03 (Cross Country Trip after moving back to the mainland from Hawaii) and my kids were so sad that most of the stuff that they could ride at Disneyland that they could not ride when we got to Florida.  Also at Disneyland when we were there (not sure if they still have it) they had an awesome paddle system where you could measure your child and they gave you a bracelet so that your child didn't have to be measured at each ride which was awesome!!!

TiphaniMommy
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Thanks for the info

minneapolismama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:22 AM
I haven't been in DL since 98 but from what I remember its very fun, but I prefer WDW. Why couldn't kids Rife the rides At WdW but they could at DL? Don't understand that.. Even my 1 year old went on everything without a height requirement, which isn't too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meg_the_Mermaid
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I live here, 10 min. from Disneyland and we have passes (I used to work there also). So my experience is obviously much different than a travelers would be, BUT I know the resort very well. If you have specific questions, I can try to help you. Also, here's a number for Disneyland info: 714-781-4565. 

Disneyland Resort consists of Disneyland park, Disney California Adventure park (we call it DCA for short), Downtown Disney, and then the three hotels are Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian and Paradise Pier. There are also many other hotels right around Disneyland Resort. 

And there is tons to do here! Disneyland has some of the same things to offer as WDW, but also some very different experiences as well. Disneyland was the original, so it's smaller, but it has tons of personality and is beautiful...and there's just something cool about knowing it's the original (Walt's own blood, sweat, and tears! hahah). And of course DCA is a totally different park, but has so much of the Disney charm. I have grown to really love this park and I'm super excited for Cars Land to open soon! 

If you get a City Pass, you could also visit Knott's Berry Farm theme park (which is rich in history and is considered to be America's first theme park), and there are beaches and zoos and aquariums and other theme parks within driving distance. 

snowpeasmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I love staying on property and I stay on property every year the same week, but twice a year I stay off property and always get really really GREAT hotels for under $50 near disney when I stay off property. I can't wait for disneyworld for a compare.

I wouldn't recommend a city pass they don't offer Knotts anymore...its Universal Studios which is about an hour to two hours north of Disneyland depending on traffic and then Sea World and Zoo which is about an hour and 1/2 to two south of disneyland.  I liked the city pass 4 years ago when Knotts was included instead of Universal. Though I would recomend going to knotts anyways. :-) I have a season pass to all theme parks in so cal. So if you want to know about any other parks, knotts, soak city, raging waters, magic mountain, hurricain harbors, universal, Sea World, LA Zoo, San Deigo Zoo and of course DIsneyland. Oh I guess I don't have them all I don't like Lego land enough to have a pass to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)