Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

How much does Disney really cost?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM
  • 49 Replies

we are wanting to take a family trip this year it will be my husband and I and are 3 kids they are 6, 4, and newborn. Im so confused trying to plan a trip because neither one of use have ever been and we dont really know much about everything and there seems to be so many different things we can do but we want to get the most out of the trip and do whats going to be the most fun for the kids. we also dont know if we should just do a one day trip and then do other things in florida or do a more than just the one day trip anyways how much does a trip to disney really cost

by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rychelle
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:17 PM
It really varries by where you stay when you go and if you do any extras while you are. We went as a fam of 4 ladt sept and paid $2500. Not including flights. That was in a moderate resort but with free dining. I have friends who have gone all out and paid $20k.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilMissCupcake
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:30 PM

we were thinking of going in the middle of July 

DYNARAH
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Depends on what time of year, what tickets you want and how long you want to be there. Remeber Disney in Fl is 4 theme parks plus 2 water parks if you want to go to those and a bunch of other activities. I am going with my dh and dd (4) in August. Our package deal for the All-Stars with 6-day base tickets is $1462 and we scored a free dining plan for the week we are going.

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Your best bet is to go to disney.com and just do a search. Put in the info for when you want to go and for how long and it will give you an the cost. If you really want to take in all of Disney then you would need to do more than one day passes. You would need at least 4 days. One park each day but even then dont expect to get everything done. Cause the parks are so big and there is so much to do. If you did do just one day at disney and then did the rest of your trip at other FL attractions I would suggest staying off Disney property. It really wouldnt give you the full benefit and you can save money. 

LoveMyBlessings
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:57 PM
You can cut costs huge by staying in a value resort. There are free meal plans which saves lots of money if you go during a time when they offer that.
LilMissCupcake
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM

when they do the free meal plans does that feed everyone for 3 meals a day or is it only just one meal a day ?

Rychelle
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:17 PM
There are multiple types of meal plans. You should go to the site and check all the options to see what best fits your family. For us the regular dining plan is best. That is 1 table service meal, one counter service meal and 1 snack per night per person. You also now get a refillable mug with that

Quoting LilMissCupcake:

when they do the free meal plans does that feed everyone for 3 meals a day or is it only just one meal a day ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 6:01 PM

We went in May of last year(2011), stayed at POFQ and paid for the regular dining.  We stayed 4 nights and there were 4 of us (DH, DD(5), DS(3) and me).  We had parkhopper tickets but did not get the waterpark option.  It was about $2300.

If you are going to stay on property, get the dining plan even if you have to pay for it.   My kids are not big on breakfast, so we had some PopTarts in the room and I got a pastry from the food court each morning.  We had a fridge in the room and got a quart of milk in the room.  With the dining plan, we had a character meal 3 of the 4 days and the fourth day we went to Coral Reef.  We may have done one of them without the plan and the kids loved eating with the characters.

Cee670
by Christine on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:19 PM

It depends, on:

when you go.

Where you stay.

How long you stay.

How many people.

Dining plan or not

park hopper or not

water parks or not

Flying or driving

extras...

My trip....10 days, 2 adults, 1 child, dining plan, water park option, dining, $3200. Then you tack on my air fare....BUT, I am staying in August when there aren't any promotions.  

mommynac
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on where you want to stay. I stayed at the Hilton in Downtown Disney with my son. We got extra-magic hours and excellent shuttle service. We paid $685 for 5 nights. We purchased our tickets through the Children's Hospital of Florida. For a donation of $330, we got 4 regular tickets (2 days for us) and a $40 credit to Planet Hollywood. We also went to Legoland (McDees special: $75 total for tix, $10.00 cab and $20 for the shuttle leaving and returning to Orlando. Our plane tickets were $474.00 round trip. We did not rent a car. We did bring snacks and order in groceries (another $200) but that saved us in meals. We probably spent $100 additional foodwise, and tipped the resort staff regularly. I want to say our trip was probably $1800 when all was said and done. But if you want to forgo extra magic hours and Downtown Disney, you could probably do it for less (there are other hotels with shuttles, just not extra magic hours).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN