• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

microwaves question

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM
  • 7 Replies

My two little girls (2.5 years and 13 months) have cozy plush animals they sleep with (they are filled with flax and lavendar) and you warm them in a microwave so they are warm for bedtime.  Are there microwaves in the rooms (staying at POR) or do I have to go to a food court or something? or should I borrow the little one my SIL has at school and just take it with us so they will sleep (the 2.5 year old will NOT sleep without it--it's her lovey/security item)

Mom to three beautiful girls

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
emkirkley
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM

OK, from other research all I can come up with is the food court and possibly calling the resort to see if they can be rented or used if we brought our own.

Rychelle
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:41 PM
No they don't have them in the rooms. I'm not sure what your best bet is. They may have one at the food court but by the time you walk back it might not be warm still. Idk. Maybe you can bring one from home then
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amzbrznjz
by Heather on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I know where we are stayiing Yacht club you can request one for you room...that is what we are doing

babynurse244
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I work in a hospital in L&D and we have people bring these in all the time. We can't put them in the microwaves used for food. I don't know if there are microwaves at the food court, but they may ask or tell you that you can't put them in the microwaves intended for food. I know it's different when you're at home and most people don't see the issue, but in public areas there is an infection risk.

FabDarling
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

there are no microwaves in any rooms at port orleans (this is where we have always stayed).  i spoke to someone at the resort who very nicesly told me (being that we were driving) we could Bring OUR own....LOL!!!!!

they do however have microwaves at the food court you can use the heat them up.

Rychelle
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Ohhhh very good point!!! Never would've thought of that!!

Quoting babynurse244:

I work in a hospital in L&D and we have people bring these in all the time. We can't put them in the microwaves used for food. I don't know if there are microwaves at the food court, but they may ask or tell you that you can't put them in the microwaves intended for food. I know it's different when you're at home and most people don't see the issue, but in public areas there is an infection risk.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karamille
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Why not just pack a heating pad and place the stuffed animal under it for a while before bedtime. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)