Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Newest Fast Pass system...

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:30 AM
  • 21 Replies

I can't decide if this is a good idea or not.  I like being able to plan the day before we go, but what about changing it?

But if you can plan out and get your fastpass card before you leave, guess that is one less thing to do once you get to the parks and have to get them from each ride.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:05 AM
3 moms liked this

I absolutely hate it. I think it's ridiculous that you have to decide where to eat 6 months ahead of time, let alone decide what area of the park you want to be in exactly. It also screws local day guests who want to go on a spur of the moment park day. They will be stuck in stand by behind the vacationers.

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I'm hoping it doesn't effect day guests too much! I spend as much on our AP's as any vacationer there per year and probably more in food and merchandise so I hope we don't get screwed in all of it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karamille
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I'm not familar with the new system but are there limits on it?  I can see the benefit for a traveler to get one or two early fastpasses for the things that are most important for them to see.  We had done magic hours on sunday night at MK so we didn't get to HS until about 11am.  We went to straight to toy story mania to get fast passes and they were for 10:30 to 11:30 that night.  We won't be back for a year, so we switched out day around and added a mid-day nap to make it work, but then we were late getting to epcot the next day because we were out late that night too.  :P 

We had friends of ours who didn't really understand the fastpass system very well and the parks were really bsuy when we went and basically only got to ride one or two of the big rides the whole time they were there.  They are PISSED they spend $4k on a vacation and didn't get to ride hardly anything they had wanted to.  They will NOT be going back.  I'm sure there are a lot of families who feel that way

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

amzbrznjz
by Heather on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:17 AM
What's the new system? Can u get them elsewhere other than in the parks? Help explain I am confused
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:26 AM
It hasn't started yet and won't for a couple years still probably. They're still in the "idea" phases. But the idea is when u book a vacation you can pick a limited number of fast passes also, including time slot and everything.

Quoting amzbrznjz:

What's the new system? Can u get them elsewhere other than in the parks? Help explain I am confused
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amzbrznjz
by Heather on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Quoting MamaJessx3:

U can do that now?

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM
No, this is still years away

Quoting amzbrznjz:

Quoting MamaJessx3:

U can do that now?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amzbrznjz
by Heather on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Quoting MamaJessx3:

Good don't think I could handle any more planning

jelly.beans
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM
This exactly. I have always said they probably make more from the AP holders because of the fact that we go at least once a week and eat lunch and dinner (sometimes even breakfast too) at the parks.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Yeah I'm hoping it doesn't effect day guests too much! I spend as much on our AP's as any vacationer there per year and probably more in food and merchandise so I hope we don't get screwed in all of it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiNKeasMom
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I like it, but then again I am a huge planner who has a vacay itinerary printed out before we go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)