Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Anyone else losing weight for their upcoming Disney trip?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM
  • 27 Replies

We are going to Disney end of Sept./Beginning of Oct.  I started my weight loss plan in Oct. 2011, but have failed.  I have kicked it into high gear because we only have 150 days left.  I have lost 5 lbs, but a total of 10 since I started. 

Anyone else loosing weight for their trip?

(Ultimately, I am loosing weight for myself and my children)

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Not for Disney but is kind of Disney related. I started running about 8 weeks ago. I've done a couple 5k's already and I'm signed up for a 5k at Disney in November and the half marathon in January.

I've lost 10 lbs so far just eating healthier, counting calories and running 3-4 days a week along with cross training (mostly Zumba) once or twice a week.

Like I said, not doing it for a Disney vacation since we go regularly but my big goal is the Disney half...I'm excited/nervous/anxious about it but I can't wait!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FabDarling
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:24 PM

LOL!  so funny that i was thinking about this last night....gotta get all this weight off before december and DISNEY!!!!!

Lizj4
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Yes. Im 3 months post csection so I'm good to start back up. Thankfully all my baby weight is gone so now it's just the pre baby weight. Hoping to be down 25 lbs by then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casah4
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I thought I was the only one!!  We're planning a trip for April of next year and I'm starting my new workout/eating plan tomorrow.  I'm determined to look good in our vacation photos this time.  Well, at least as far as weight is concerned. Can't do anything about this ugly mug of mine.  LOL

CoachyMom
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM

That is fabulous!  Good for you and good luck!!!

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Not for Disney but is kind of Disney related. I started running about 8 weeks ago. I've done a couple 5k's already and I'm signed up for a 5k at Disney in November and the half marathon in January.

I've lost 10 lbs so far just eating healthier, counting calories and running 3-4 days a week along with cross training (mostly Zumba) once or twice a week.

Like I said, not doing it for a Disney vacation since we go regularly but my big goal is the Disney half...I'm excited/nervous/anxious about it but I can't wait!

CoachyMom
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:11 PM

LOL!

Weight loss is always on my mind.  TOo bad it is not a great motivator. 

Quoting FabDarling:

LOL!  so funny that i was thinking about this last night....gotta get all this weight off before december and DISNEY!!!!!

CoachyMom
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:11 PM

COgrats on the new addition!  GOod luck to you!!!

Quoting Lizj4:

Yes. Im 3 months post csection so I'm good to start back up. Thankfully all my baby weight is gone so now it's just the pre baby weight. Hoping to be down 25 lbs by then.

CoachyMom
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Me too!  I was thinking that people would think it was weird.  Good luck to you and congrats for starting so early!!! Oh stop, I am sure you are gorgeous!!!

Quoting casah4:

I thought I was the only one!!  We're planning a trip for April of next year and I'm starting my new workout/eating plan tomorrow.  I'm determined to look good in our vacation photos this time.  Well, at least as far as weight is concerned. Can't do anything about this ugly mug of mine.  LOL

patnic
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Well, I need to lose for the summer, and soon my Disney vacation will be here!  So yes, kinda!

I actually lost weight last year when we went to Disney.  I didn't go crazy with the desserts, I would eat them, but not the whole thing.  My husband maintained, but ate all his desserts.

And if we don't get the free dining for our upcoming trip, I know I'll lose a lot more weight, because I won't eat any desserts (cause I'm cheap!)

Beverett601
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Yes my vacation is in only 4 weeks! So far I've lost 15lbs in 3mths by watching my carbs but cheated ALOT but these next 4 weeks I am gonna be really strick on the diet!! I am noting even buying my clothes for the trip until 1 week before we go to hopefully be a size smaller and thats so not like me waiting last minute to get things for vacation!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)