Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Anyone else losing weight for their upcoming Disney trip?

Posted by   + Show Post

We are going to Disney end of Sept./Beginning of Oct.  I started my weight loss plan in Oct. 2011, but have failed.  I have kicked it into high gear because we only have 150 days left.  I have lost 5 lbs, but a total of 10 since I started. 

Anyone else loosing weight for their trip?

(Ultimately, I am loosing weight for myself and my children)

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
Cee670
by Christine on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes! I actually just got sick of fad diets and nothing working so I decided to get my little family healthy. I got an calorie counting app and it has helped me so much!! It s super duper easy. I just eat 1200 calories a day, try to exercise a few times a week. I have lost 19 lbs since January. :).

Cee670
by Christine on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:06 PM

That's awesome. I could be never do that...running is so boring to me. Lol

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Not for Disney but is kind of Disney related. I started running about 8 weeks ago. I've done a couple 5k's already and I'm signed up for a 5k at Disney in November and the half marathon in January.

I've lost 10 lbs so far just eating healthier, counting calories and running 3-4 days a week along with cross training (mostly Zumba) once or twice a week.

Like I said, not doing it for a Disney vacation since we go regularly but my big goal is the Disney half...I'm excited/nervous/anxious about it but I can't wait!

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:19 PM
I use to think so too but now I really enjoy it. I start my runs right before sunset so it's pretty and peaceful out. In heading out to run in a minute actually ;)

Quoting Cee670:

That's awesome. I could be er do hat...running is so boring to me. Lol

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Not for Disney but is kind of Disney related. I started running about 8 weeks ago. I've done a couple 5k's already and I'm signed up for a 5k at Disney in November and the half marathon in January.

I've lost 10 lbs so far just eating healthier, counting calories and running 3-4 days a week along with cross training (mostly Zumba) once or twice a week.

Like I said, not doing it for a Disney vacation since we go regularly but my big goal is the Disney half...I'm excited/nervous/anxious about it but I can't wait!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cee670
by Christine on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Dumb auto correct. Lol

I could never do that...... Is what it was supposed to say.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

I use to think so too but now I really enjoy it. I start my runs right before sunset so it's pretty and peaceful out. In heading out to run in a minute actually ;)

Quoting Cee670:

That's awesome. I could be er do hat...running is so boring to me. Lol

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoachyMom
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:19 PM
That is awesome!

Quoting patnic:

Well, I need to lose for the summer, and soon my Disney vacation will be here!  So yes, kinda!

I actually lost weight last year when we went to Disney.  I didn't go crazy with the desserts, I would eat them, but not the whole thing.  My husband maintained, but ate all his desserts.

And if we don't get the free dining for our upcoming trip, I know I'll lose a lot more weight, because I won't eat any desserts (cause I'm cheap!)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoachyMom
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM
That sounds like a good plan. Good luck!!!

Quoting Beverett601:

Yes my vacation is in only 4 weeks! So far I've lost 15lbs in 3mths by watching my carbs but cheated ALOT but these next 4 weeks I am gonna be really strick on the diet!! I am noting even buying my clothes for the trip until 1 week before we go to hopefully be a size smaller and thats so not like me waiting last minute to get things for vacation!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoachyMom
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Me too! This is what I am doing also. Good luck!

Quoting Cee670:

Yes! I actually just got sik of fad diets and nothing working so I decided to get my little family healthy. I got an calorie outing app and it has led me so much!! It s super duper easy. I just eat 1200 calories a day, try to exercise a few times a week. I have lost 19 lbs since January. :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM
I am eating low Carb and walking. For surviving the amount of walking Disney requires I think everyone should walk...and walk...and walk prior to their trip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoachyMom
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM
I agree! I need to add a walk to my routine.

Quoting romalove:

I am eating low Carb and walking. For surviving the amount of walking Disney requires I think everyone should walk...and walk...and walk prior to their trip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vicky33006
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Yes! You're all going to think I'm crazy...Lol. I have been working out and losing weight since the beginning of the year. I'm on Weight Watchers and I love it! The thing is, I used to eat and eat. Oh.... I loved to eat. It was my favorite thing to do in the whole world. Anyway, since I have decided to keep my hobby in check I have lost 35 lbs. I still want to lose at least 35 more.

So, this is how it ties in with my Disney trip. We aren't going until March 2013. I plan not to go back to my horrid eating habbits until I spend that week in Disney. It seems so silly, but I have to know I can go nutty at least at some point in the future. So, I'm obsessing over ADRs and I love reading about the restaurants. I'm hoping to be at my ideal weight by then so that I can pig out in disney :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)