Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else losing weight for their upcoming Disney trip?

Posted by   + Show Post

We are going to Disney end of Sept./Beginning of Oct.  I started my weight loss plan in Oct. 2011, but have failed.  I have kicked it into high gear because we only have 150 days left.  I have lost 5 lbs, but a total of 10 since I started. 

Anyone else loosing weight for their trip?

(Ultimately, I am loosing weight for myself and my children)

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Replies (21-27):
karamille
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Instead of worry about losing weight, start walking everynight.  Work your way up to 5-6 miles.  That's how far you will be walking everyday.  You need to TRAIN for disney.  :) 

Rychelle
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I've been trying to tone up
More than lose. It dropping 5-10 would be a bonus lol we just booked a last min trip for August so now it's motivation for a goal. To have results by the trip!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenny76
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Yes! We're planning our vacation for around the same time Sept-Oct. I only have gotten 5 lbs off so far. I want to get another 10 off
CoachyMom
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:52 AM

COngratulations on your weight loss!  That is awesome!  That makes  total sense.  People who go on cruises lose weight before they go, knowing they might gain! 

Quoting vicky33006:

Yes! You're all going to think I'm crazy...Lol. I have been working out and losing weight since the beginning of the year. I'm on Weight Watchers and I love it! The thing is, I used to eat and eat. Oh.... I loved to eat. It was my favorite thing to do in the whole world. Anyway, since I have decided to keep my hobby in check I have lost 35 lbs. I still want to lose at least 35 more.

So, this is how it ties in with my Disney trip. We aren't going until March 2013. I plan not to go back to my horrid eating habbits until I spend that week in Disney. It seems so silly, but I have to know I can go nutty at least at some point in the future. So, I'm obsessing over ADRs and I love reading about the restaurants. I'm hoping to be at my ideal weight by then so that I can pig out in disney :)

CoachyMom
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I agree and doing that much walking will definitely affect losing weight also! 

Quoting karamille:

Instead of worry about losing weight, start walking everynight.  Work your way up to 5-6 miles.  That's how far you will be walking everyday.  You need to TRAIN for disney.  :) 

CoachyMom

Good luck! 

Quoting Rychelle:

I've been trying to tone up
More than lose. It dropping 5-10 would be a bonus lol we just booked a last min trip for August so now it's motivation for a goal. To have results by the trip!

CoachyMom

GOod luck! 

Quoting jenny76:

Yes! We're planning our vacation for around the same time Sept-Oct. I only have gotten 5 lbs off so far. I want to get another 10 off

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)