Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

When do you buy your plane tickets?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  • 7 Replies

When do you buy your airplane tickets?  Do you wait until they get close to the dollar amount you want to spend?  Do you wait until 3 months before the trip?  When do you go ahead and buy them?  Any tips?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amzbrznjz
by Heather on May. 1, 2012 at 12:21 PM
We bought our a month before I boomed. That way since we had the tix, my dh can't back out
karamille
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I wouldn't buy them any less than 3 months before hand.  Make sure you buy them from a site that lets you pick your seats (usually for a small fee) at time of purchase. 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

spunky946
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I read somewhere that you will get the best price 6 weeks before your trip.  I don't remember where I read that though.  Most airlines will give you a refund if the price goes down after you book. 

tonijmccann
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I actually just bought my plane tickets yesterday for my trip this month and they had went down from when I looked like 4-5 months ago. When I first looked they were like $130 one way and when I booked yesterday they were $85.

pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I just keep checking until I find the price I want.  When we went last year in January I acutally bought them a week before we left.  We had planned on driving but I happend to get an email from Airtran and the price for 4 round trip tickets was going to be cheaper than renting a car & driving from Michigan.  

Cee670
by Christine on May. 2, 2012 at 10:14 AM
When I feel comfortable with the price. I have done it 2 months and this time I did it at 5 months. I was worried about the rising cost of gas and ticket prices.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liveyourlifeval
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:05 AM

A couple of months ahead of time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN