Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Annual Pass questions?

Posted by   + Show Post

We are getting annual passes for disneyland and wanted to ask you lovely ladies if the name on my pass has to be identical to my id.? For example my id only has one last name but im adding a second soon so do I just put both last names on my passport or just the one on my id card? Thanks in advance! Also will I need proof for my toddlers birthday etc for her passport?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:52 AM
Replies (11-19):
JennO2
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I know, I know ;)

PinkyLove
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Thanks for all the info! We are getting the cheapest pass since we are only going a handful of times and we are socal residents.  Thanks again!

babynurse244
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:45 PM

They've been sticklers at Disneyland for ID. Last time we were there, we watched them confiscate three annual passes at the turnstyles because the photos didn't match and the person either had no id or no ID that matched, they gave stories like "I must have grabbed my friend's, I'm meeting her in the park in an hour and she probably has mine" and they'd tell them to go find their friend and show them the passports and they'd give it back and let them in. Amazing what people will try.

snowpeasmom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:15 PM
How could they do it at the turn style I guess that explained why I had to lift the blanket off my son last week, even though I handed a pass for him. It was his nap time so we were switching parks, and it was bright so he threw the towel over his head.

Quoting babynurse244:

They've been sticklers at Disneyland for ID. Last time we were there, we watched them confiscate three annual passes at the turnstyles because the photos didn't match and the person either had no id or no ID that matched, they gave stories like "I must have grabbed my friend's, I'm meeting her in the park in an hour and she probably has mine" and they'd tell them to go find their friend and show them the passports and they'd give it back and let them in. Amazing what people will try.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse244
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:22 PM

They tried at the turnstyle. Don't know if they thought they'd buy their stories or they weren't paying attention or what, but they confiscated the annual passes and turned them away. And it wasn't one group of people, it was three separate people over a four day period that we were there.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

How could they do it at the turn style I guess that explained why I had to lift the blanket off my son last week, even though I handed a pass for him. It was his nap time so we were switching parks, and it was bright so he threw the towel over his head.

Quoting babynurse244:

snowpeasmom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:25 PM
The turnstyle shows your picture that is really dumb of them. Now using them for food and no is I could see someone trying. I guess the dump people thought since the photo isn't on the pass they don't have a picture. But the computer system still does

Quoting babynurse244:

They tried at the turnstyle. Don't know if they thought they'd buy their stories or they weren't paying attention or what, but they confiscated the annual passes and turned them away. And it wasn't one group of people, it was three separate people over a four day period that we were there.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Quoting babynurse244:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Browncoat4eva
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Don't they just go by the thumb scans?

Our annual passes expired last year (planning to renew by September) but we never had photo ID  passes, they looked like regular park tickets. We never had to show our ID at the turnstyle at DW, we just did the finger scan.

After a while, the card magnetic strip would start getting a bit worn and they told us we should get them replaced at the window, my husband went up there and with his one photo ID they gave us new tickets for the whole family.

But as long as finger scans matched it was never a problem.

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:07 AM
It sounds like it might be different at DL. We're WDW passholders and theres no picture attached to our pass, only a finger print and only for adults. I like it that way

Quoting Browncoat4eva:

Our annual passes expired last year (planning to renew by September) but we never had photo ID  passes, they looked like regular park tickets. We never had to show our ID at the turnstyle at DW, we just did the finger scan.

After a while, the card magnetic strip would start getting a bit worn and they told us we should get them replaced at the window, my husband went up there and with his one photo ID they gave us new tickets for the whole family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

The only theme park is So Cal that has finger scans are Sea World. All other parks your season pass had your picture, usually on it except this year Disneyland only shows up on the computer.

Quoting Browncoat4eva:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)