Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!
We are going to Disney in the second week in August we are going for a week I am going with my husband and my 2 kids son is 7 and daughter will be 3 by the time we go also my parents and 2 of my brothers are also going I want to know what u think I should pack for myself far as clothes and shoes go any help would great
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:34 AM
Replies (11-16):
patnic
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I wear tennis shoes with running socks.  They wick away the sweat.

Quoting Braziemom:

I've been looking forward to Disney since I was 5 yrs old. Unfortunately, at 28 years old I still havent been. My son is 7 month old. How old do you think he has to be to enjoy it?

Bring confortable shoes and hats for everyone 

Braziemom - we went last year with my 4 and 6 year old.  They loved it!  After we left, my older son did ask if there were people inside Mickey Mouse.  But my kids thought it was great.  

Personally, I waited until my youngest was 4 before we went.  It would have been too much for my kids when they were younger - sleeping in other beds, the travel, the late or missed naps, all the restaurant foods.

ebs1022
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:21 PM

IMO August is usually our hottest month and high humidity.  We wear shorts and sleeveless or tank tops. We all wear flips flops. Like others have said bring sneakers or crocs and comfortably flip flops and you can then decide what works best for you. I have the most comfortable adidas flip flops that I can wear all day with no problems. I can only wear sneakers for very short periods of time. Just bring lots of sunscreen.

Liveyourlifeval
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Here's a few requires:

-Shorts because it will be HOT in August

- Hat b/c there is little to no shade

-comfortable shoes b/c there will be tons of walking (sneakers, sandals, etc.)

-A stroller b/c they it will save you a bundle per day and your 3 year old to be will need one

-Sundresses, t-shirts, bathing suit(s), etc.

emkirkley
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I live in the deep south and will be going in June--we're taking shorts (lots of athletic/quick dry fabrics), tshirts and tanks, socks (many extra pairs to change as they get wet from sweat) teva/columbia sandals, crocs/crocs flip flops, running shoes, keep your hair up, lots more sunscreen than you think you'll need, hats/caps for everyone, extra sunglasses for everyone, nicer capris/shirts/pants if you think you're going to eat somewhere nicer one evening.  we take $.88 ponchos from walmart with us in case of rain and to wear on certain rides for those of us who don't want to be soaked. several swim suits person (one hanging to dry while you wear another), swim cover ups, flip flops for the pool. 

there are several places that have "ultimate disney packing lists" on the web to give you a good start at what to bring with you.

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Quoting Braziemom:

I've been looking forward to Disney since I was 5 yrs old. Unfortunately, at 28 years old I still havent been. My son is 7 month old. How old do you think he has to be to enjoy it?

I think it depends .. we took our daughter when she was 4 years old (three months away from turning 5) and, because I know we'll go again, I think it was the perfect first age. She got the "magic", but was old enough to remember things she saw and did.

I disagree with the person who said the magic starts to get lost at 4 years old. That's crazy! LOL I think it can be magical up to age 6 or 7, depending on the kid. My daughter is now 7 and would know that certain things are not "real", but at almost-5, she was captivated by everything.

luvhubandbabys
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM

for me. disney is pretty expensive trip once you add food hotel and travel. So Im not sure how often we can go. Id like to be able to make the most of it. I love water parks so bring a small 2yr old wouldnt work for me. I think 4 would be a good age possibly 3.5. I dont think I would want to take any child in the midst of terrible 2's. LOL. Maybe 3 would work except Id also prefer my kids to be fully potty trained some kids are at 3 but most are still working on it. I just dont think Id want to be changing diapers on vacation. My kids are 2 and 3 right now and Im pregnant with #3. We will either go when my kids are 3, 5, and 6. or 4, 6, and 7. It just depends on your preferences. Good luck. I cant wait to take the kids myself.

Quoting Braziemom:

Bring confortable shoes and hats for everyone 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN