Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Planning Schedule? + Food Question!

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM
  • 41 Replies

Does anyone know of any websites that have a planning service? Or calendar? I am leaving for WDW in September with my husband, Two daughters (4y 18m) and my grandparents. It's going to be hectic and I want/need a schedule.  I think it would benefit everyone if there was some sort of "Plan" in action, I want to be able to plan dinners ahead of time. Where/when we are eating. We have the Dining Plan (One QS Meal and one TS meal a day). Any Tips? 

Edit: also, the day we arrive we will not be atteneding any parks (so I plan, we all know plans change) however, we did purchase tickets for that day so that we can eat. Are there any quick Service meals outside of the parks? or do we have to go into the park? I would really like to save the ticket for that day for the day we do Animal Kingdom, ive read that its not a full day park, so since we are not doing Park Hopper Passes, we will be using two tickets in one day... 

by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nova.mommy
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I have found planning the day(especially detailed plans) don't work for us.  Once something happens to get you off the schedule, someone gets upset and the rest of the day either they are mad or you are trying to 'catch-up' to the plan.  I had a rough idea of what park I wanted to go to what day and did lunch TS in the parks.  If I could not get a ressie one day I tried another day.  Where ever I got the ressie, then that was the park we went to.

They only set plan was the ressie time.  We had a list of what we wanted to do and thing we would like to do.  We just played it by ear.

Binkxo
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Thats what I am afraid of. I want to reserve everything now, so there is no question of where will we eat tonight?? 

Quoting nova.mommy:

I have found planning the day(especially detailed plans) don't work for us.  Once something happens to get you off the schedule, someone gets upset and the rest of the day either they are mad or you are trying to 'catch-up' to the plan.  I had a rough idea of what park I wanted to go to what day and did lunch TS in the parks.  If I could not get a ressie one day I tried another day.  Where ever I got the ressie, then that was the park we went to.

angelmom224
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I know there are sites that have planning pages that you can print out. I am having some custom ones made for our trip in Dec. In the disboards creative disigns thread there are designers that have planning pages. 

Binkxo
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Thank you!!! (: I am currently starting DD4's autograph book!! I got the idea from there! Idk why I didnt think about it! 

Quoting angelmom224:

I know there are sites that have planning pages that you can print out. I am having some custom ones made for our trip in Dec. In the disboards creative disigns thread there are designers that have planning pages. 

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I found the opposite - having a plan is EXACTLY what you need at Disney, especially when you involve kids and other people in your party. A plan does not mean a schedule, though - you can't really go that far.

You know your dates, there is a calendar out there that will tell you, historically, which parks are busiest on which days, and which are slowest. If you plan to go to a park on the slower days, you can at least know where you want your dining reservations to be. If you try to "wing it" at Disney, you will waste a LOT of time and end up with a bunch of crabs in your group.

I forget which site it is that tells you that ... try going to disboards, they were a LOT of help to me.

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

The resort's food cout can be used for your QS.

Also 

Downtown Disney® Area

• Bongos Cuban Cafe™ Window (L,D)
  • Cookes of Dublin (L,D) 
  • Earl of Sandwich (B,L,D) 
  • FoodQuest (L,D) 
  • Marketplace Snacks (L,D)
  • Pollo Campero / Fresh A-Peel (B,L,D) 
  • Wetzel’s Pretzels (L,D)
  • Wolfgang Puck® Express - Marketplace (B,L,D)
  • Wolfgang Puck® Express - West Side (L,D)

B = Breakfast      L = Lunch      D = Dinner

matofour
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM
The only thing I Plan is what parks we are going to, and dinner reservations. Other than that we go with the flow. Our first and last day are always MK, and I work my other days around park times. I usually stay away from extra magic hours At every park (except MK).
And I pick what restaurant we are eating at based on what park we are at.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I used touring plans to come up with a "loose" plan.  Basically, I took their recommendations for crowd levels and then picked our meals based on that.  We didn't do park hoppers either.  I made a spreadsheet that had the dates, parks, extra magic hours and crowd levels.  From there I put in where we wanted to eat.  I just matched up our dining to the days, then called for reservations.  Thankfully, we were able to get all our choices.  Granted some were for lunch and others dinner, but we didn't care we just wanted that particular place.  Beyond that, no other planning was done.  We knew that we had to be at X part and Y dinning at a certain time but from there we just winged our day.  It worked out well for us.

reneawesley
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Google touring plans for Disney. There's one called touring mike or something similar that is very detailed. We had some family use it when they went.

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can use multiple tickets in a day.

emkirkley
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:22 PM

we using the plans from touringplans.com (they give you a list of places that are near where you should be mid-day for lunch and near the end of the plan for dinner as well if you are using one of their plans)

I love tourinplans.com crowd calendars, menus, mobile app (for wait times and to glance at menus of stuff where you are, and you can optimize the touring plans for where you are in the park and what you've completed on them on the mobile app too)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN