Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Planning Schedule? + Food Question!

Posted by   + Show Post

Does anyone know of any websites that have a planning service? Or calendar? I am leaving for WDW in September with my husband, Two daughters (4y 18m) and my grandparents. It's going to be hectic and I want/need a schedule.  I think it would benefit everyone if there was some sort of "Plan" in action, I want to be able to plan dinners ahead of time. Where/when we are eating. We have the Dining Plan (One QS Meal and one TS meal a day). Any Tips? 

Edit: also, the day we arrive we will not be atteneding any parks (so I plan, we all know plans change) however, we did purchase tickets for that day so that we can eat. Are there any quick Service meals outside of the parks? or do we have to go into the park? I would really like to save the ticket for that day for the day we do Animal Kingdom, ive read that its not a full day park, so since we are not doing Park Hopper Passes, we will be using two tickets in one day... 

by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Replies (21-30):
Binkxo
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:01 PM

NO!!!! ::Dialing number now:: 

Quoting emkirkley:

Do you have her BBB reservation already?

emkirkley
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:04 PM

good luck, they can fill up fast, especially at the castle.

Quoting Binkxo:

NO!!!! ::Dialing number now:: 

Quoting emkirkley:

Do you have her BBB reservation already?

Mom to three beautiful girls

Binkxo
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM

The disney gods are on my side today. I called and got the exact appointment I wanted. First thing in the morning in DTD!!! YAYAYAYAY! 

emkirkley
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:36 PM

so, you didn't want to do the BBB in the Magic Kingdom? I guess I misunderstood, I was thinking you wanted to go tothe Magic Kingdom and go straight to the castle and get her all dolled up.

Binkxo
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:45 PM

No, I wanted to go to DTD Because its all going to be hush hush, my ideal plan is Landing, heading to the hotel, eating lunch, unpacking, swimming, dinner, DTD.. sleep.. wake up head to BBB THAN tell her where we are, by going to MK! 

Quoting emkirkley:

so, you didn't want to do the BBB in the Magic Kingdom? I guess I misunderstood, I was thinking you wanted to go tothe Magic Kingdom and go straight to the castle and get her all dolled up.

emkirkley
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:06 PM

see, my thought would have been to be quiet the first night, eat dinner go to bed early, then go to MK and have her done up at BBB in the castle first thing...

hey, sounds like a plan either way and I hope she has a blast...my kids know we are going and have enjoyed pulling the mickey heads off the wall...it's getting very close for us.

Quoting Binkxo:

No, I wanted to go to DTD Because its all going to be hush hush, my ideal plan is Landing, heading to the hotel, eating lunch, unpacking, swimming, dinner, DTD.. sleep.. wake up head to BBB THAN tell her where we are, by going to MK! 

Quoting emkirkley:

minneapolismama
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:54 PM

ticket days don't have anything to do with food, it's just per NIGHT. so if you're there going to the park 7 days but staying 6 nights, you just have 6 days of food. 

you definitely do need to have a plan of where you want to eat because reservations are full fast. i looked at the calendar (crowd and which had EMH) and plannned which park we would be in and the meal accordingly. if you have a hopper it's not as big of a deal, but we didn't so we had to do that. 

AK was definitely a full day for us! we would have even done two days there, especially with your kids age I think they will like the animals.. and the characters there are good. i wouldn't waste two tickets in a day for that. if your kids are at one park being that little chaces are they will be too tired to fully do another park that day.

quick service in down town disney was great! the hotels all have them too, i would check that out for sure. 

spunky946
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Just to make sure you know you can NOT use 2 tickets on the same day for 2 different parks.  If you want to go to 2 different parks on the same day, you need the hoppers. 

Also make sure you make ADR's for your character meals.  We love chef mickeys at the contemporary and Hollywood and vine at Hollywood studios.  We are going to try Tusker house at animal kingdom and Akershus in Epcot our next trip.

We might also do Crystal palace and Garden grill.  It depends on which dining plan we get.

patnic
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:45 PM

touringplans.com

Big believer in it!

amzbrznjz
by Heather on May. 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM

YOU CANT use anotehr ticket for multiple parks...that is why you have the hopper option

Quoting reneawesley:

Google touring plans for Disneyland. There's one called touring mike or something similar that is very detailed. We had some family use it when they went.

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can use multiple tickets in a day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN