Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney at Christmas!

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM
  • 8 Replies
Anything special i should know about going to disney in.december? We are doing the christmas party in mk! We were just there in april and did ak, mk, hs. We want to do epcot and mk this time but not sure of hs or ak?? Anything special in those 2 for xmas?? Wevarevstayin atvthe polynesian.and are also.visiting seaworld one day!
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Dawne98
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom takes on a holiday theme and becomes Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade. Basically the same parade with holiday decorations added to the floats and characters.

Dawne98
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 1:53 PM

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights is the primary Holiday Happening at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights sparkle with yuletide cheer.

Dawne98
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 1:55 PM

A Disney tradition now in its 41st year (2011), the Candlelight Processional is a moving presentation of the Christmasstory in readings by a celebrity narrator and music by a Mass choir and 50-piece orchestra.

Where and when does it take place?

This event takes place in the America Gardens Theatre in World Showcase in Epcot. It is an outdoor (uncovered, not climate controlled) setting and is not cancelled due to inclement weather. It is recommended you dress accordingly.

It begins November 25, 2011, and runs every evening until December 30. Shows are approximately 40 minutes. Each evening there are three shows -- 5, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m. (except December 4, there is no 5 p.m. show)

Dawne98
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Epcot Storytellers

Throughout the holidays, World Showcase countries share their legends and lore of the season with Storytellers. The presentations last anywhere from 7-14 minutes in a standing-only location.

BTW I got this info from All ears.com not sure if you have been to that yet it has a great deal of info also the DIS.com....

we have been to AK,DHS and Epcot and MK all in Dec and it was a lot of time but we did not go to all the parks when we would go in Dec.

we did not go to MK during the day just at night for MVMCP and then a day at Epcot for the Candlelight processional.

The others year we would go AK or DHS and Epcot.

HAve a great time my family is going in Dec but I can not get time off from work:(

pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM

You need to go to HS and see the Osborn lights.  It is so cool.  Also, they have Santa's in each of the countries in Epcot which is pretty neat too.  i love going at Christmas cause everything is decorated so pretty and it is so festive.

kylesmommy916
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Make sure you eat dinner before "Mickey's Merry Christmas Party' ... last time my husband and I waited thinking resturants would be open but only the Burger/Chicken place in Tomorrow land was open.  It was rather a bummer...but the party was fun!!

angelmom224
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 9:37 PM

yes the osborn lights at HS are a must see. They are so cool. we are going for christmas this yr. Me and someof the kids were there a few yrs back for thanksgiving and we saw the light show it was awesome. 

DIStickers.com Ticker
Browncoat4eva
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 3:36 AM

The Osborne Lights are my favorite.

We live in FL now but we're from NY, and we hung out by the Avenue of Americas NY set up for the light show... it happened to be cool that night, so we actually wore light jackets & scarves, with the fake snow and the hot chocolate it felt more like Christmas than it had since I left NY.

Also so much fun looking in the windows, you can find the craziest things, like that famous leg lamp from A Christmas Story... gotta have a good eye but you can have a lot of fun wandering around there near Christmas.

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)