Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 8:10 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am not a fan of Avatar it was a OK movie. But I am srue what ever they do with this is going to be GOOD!

Update 5/21/12: James Cameron has revealed that "Avatar Land" will include a ride that simulates flight. This is the first specific detail of the project that has been announced.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The popular film AVATAR will be coming to life at Disney's Animal Kingdom in 2015. Disney Parks' newest venturewill happen in cooperation with James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment and Fox Filmed Entertainment.

Lightstorm Entertainment and Walt Disney Imagineers will work together to bring the fantasy world to the parks, as construction on the first AVATAR-themed land will begin by 2013. The project is currently in the design phase. Disney says "Animal Kingdom is a great fit for this project because it was created to give guests the opportunity to experience the worlds of animals and nature - real and mythical - in new ways. Disney's Animal Kingdom also celebrates adventure, living in harmony with nature and environmental stewardship - themes that are deeply rooted in the story of AVATAR."

There are currently two sequels to the film being planned, so the AVATAR world will only have more opportunities to grow as more characters and stories are developed.

by on May. 21, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
minneapolismama
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2012 at 9:29 AM

cool! i really liked the movie and think it could be a great theme.

my2sweetjoys
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I love this idea and my 18 yr old loves avatar so she is super excited to see the progress that they will do with construction! Awesome and I think AK does need a little more to bring people in

angelmom224
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I cant wait to see it. There is so much you can do with the Avatar movie and Disney and their imaginations will make this so cool. 

DIStickers.com Ticker
TiphaniMommy
by Member on May. 22, 2012 at 6:37 PM

The movie was okay. I'm just trying to see how Avatar will fit into the whole Amimal Kingdom theme.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

reneawesley
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2012 at 6:33 AM
I didn't care for the movie. Hubby thought it was great. Just another reason to go back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawne98
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Quoting TiphaniMommy:

The movie was okay. I'm just trying to see how Avatar will fit into the whole Amimal Kingdom theme.

Disney's Animal Kingdom also celebrates adventure, living in harmony with nature and environmental stewardship - themes that are deeply rooted in the story of AVATAR."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)