Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Animal Kingdom Lodge Savanna View room??

Posted by   + Show Post
We are very seriously considering staying there for next years trip. Anyone have reviews and/or pics? Thanks! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
babynurse244
by Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I have a friend at work who just got back from Animal Kingdom, the is a DVC member, had a savannah view, she said she didn't notice a smell and it was really cool. She said they "staged" it so it looks like the animals are eating from the trees, but if you look closely you can see the bins with food. She said her and her husband (they have no kids yet) really enjoyed it.

I'm pregnant right now and everything is setting me off as far as smells go. It's very annoying.

Rychelle
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Awesome!!! Thank you

Quoting babynurse244:

I have a friend at work who just got back from Animal Kingdom, the is a DVC member, had a savannah view, she said she didn't notice a smell and it was really cool. She said they "staged" it so it looks like the animals are eating from the trees, but if you look closely you can see the bins with food. She said her and her husband (they have no kids yet) really enjoyed it.

I'm pregnant right now and everything is setting me off as far as smells go. It's very annoying.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse244
by Member on May. 25, 2012 at 6:59 PM

She did mention that they were 5 minutes late for their character breakfast - she's always late to work, too. I guess their time was 10:30, they arrived at 10:35 and they told them they stopped seating at 10:30 and turned them away. She was mad, but I can sort of understand their point in the whole thing....the moral being don't be late if you get the LAST seating to anything.

Rychelle
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Really?!!! That's not the norm!!! I've been to Disney over 10 times and have never had an issue if you are a few min late! Did they have reservations or just try to arrive and get a table?!

Quoting babynurse244:

She did mention that they were 5 minutes late for their character breakfast - she's always late to work, too. I guess their time was 10:30, they arrived at 10:35 and they told them they stopped seating at 10:30 and turned them away. She was mad, but I can sort of understand their point in the whole thing....the moral being don't be late if you get the LAST seating to anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse244
by Member on May. 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM

She said they had reservations. But like I said, she's always late for work, and the "5 minutes" may have been longer.....

Quoting Rychelle:

Really?!!! That's not the norm!!! I've been to Disney over 10 times and have never had an issue if you are a few min late! Did they have reservations or just try to arrive and get a table?!

Quoting babynurse244:

Rychelle
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Lol maybe.

Quoting babynurse244:

She said they had reservations. But like I said, she's always late for work, and the "5 minutes" may have been longer.....

Quoting Rychelle:

Quoting babynurse244:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dfollin
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM

No,I had look into it just out of curiosity to see how much it would cost.........too much for me now.Have fun.

dfollin
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Oh,me too! If money were no object I'd stay there too,but I just can't afford it right now.Hmm,something to put on my bucket list.:)

Quoting Rychelle:

That was my thought too. How much will I be in the room. Hmmmm idk i def think im doing AKL!! (just got a twinge of maybe wilderness lodge in my head lol) but I'm def leaning to do savanna view

Quoting minneapolismama:

if money was no object, i would definitely get the savannah room! we have huge animal lover kids and they would really enjoy it. but i think AKL is just awesome no matter what, so i would go anywhere there- we spent very little time in the room other than sleeping and showering!O

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/dfollin
Dawne98
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2012 at 10:15 AM

We had a savannah view one bedroom at the AKV it was great....and you don't have to be a DVC member to stay at it...

The pool was the BEST one we have been to...my DD's did not want to do anything but the stay in the pool lol we only went up for MNSSHP and then the next day was all day at the pool.

Rychelle
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Thanks for the pics and info!!!! We aren't doing a villa just regular room. Do you know if it would still be as great getting a reg room and not savanna view

Quoting Dawne98:

We had a savannah view one bedroom at the AKV it was great....and you don't have to be a DVC member to stay at it...

The pool was the BEST one we have been to...my DD's did not want to do anything but the stay in the pool lol we only went up for MNSSHP and then the next day was all day at the pool.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN