Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

The Jungle Book on Disney XD

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi everybody,

This morning on Disney XD was the first episode of the new Jungle Book cartoon! I have said it before, I was a huge fan of the Disney movie and in turn that got me into the old Rudyard Kipling stories. So needless to say I was very excited to be able to have something to watch with my kids every morning or afternoon after school. For a lot of parents it is extremely difficult to find quality programming for children who aren't quite toddlers anymore. I was hoping the Jungle Book would provide enough adventure without going over the top in the action. I will say that it exceeded my expectations and then some!! There is a sense of action and adventure but nobody ever gets hurt and even the evil Shere Kahn doesn't seem very evil. 

Each half hour contains two 15 minute or so episodes. The first episode was "Man Trap"  Essentially it comes down to Shere Kahn trying to lure Mowgli to a man made trap and Baloo ends up in the trap. With the help of some friends, Mowgli learns the concept of teamwork to save his friend. 

The second episode "Wild Bees" wasn't AS good as Man Trap but was still good. Mowgli tired of the way Shere Kahn treats his friends lures him to a nest of wild bees. This episode is about friendship, sticking up for your friends and also about listening to your elders. 

Finally a show that I can watch with my kids where they love it and i am not completely bored. The animation captivated my son and the kids are already "playing Jungle Book" 

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Replies (11-11):
busymominLA
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM

We are watching the Jungle Book on Disney XD every morning! my coffee time as well !! :) my 2 boys love to play after that pretending to be Mougli and Sheer Khan. It is so cute. I really enjoy watching it with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN