Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Super Excited- had to share!!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM
  • 11 Replies

My husband landed a great job this week (after 2 years of trying and being a SAHD!).   I'm above the moon excited!  I'm a WAHM and now, we've over doubled our income!!   This means... our trip can happen!  We have 3 kids, ages 17, 14, and 1.5.   We are planning to go the first week (well, Wed- Wed) in December so the baby will be nearly 2, the boys will be the same ages.   It's our graduation present as the oldest will be a senior.   I've never gone to WDW with such a young one- I started taking the boys when the youngest was 7.   Is there going to be a lot for her?  She does well with crowds and isn't afraid of fireworks etc.   She'll fall asleep almost anywhere when she's sleepy - so we're bringing our own stroller since it's more comfy than the WDW ones and I'd like to cut costs.

We are going to spend the money for the Christmas events- which is super exciting to me!    Any tips would be great.   I've been to Disney personally approx 8 times, twice with the boys.   We are staying at the new resort, but not in a suite.  

So excited I can barely form correct sentences lol, forgive my ramblings!! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
patnic
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Congrats!  

emkirkley
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM

congrats, we just took our three, ages 10.5, 2.5 and 15months, there are only about a dozen attractions between the four parks that the little one won't be able to go on...mainly just the big coasters and simulators. we had a blast and ours slept loads in the stroller (see my post about not wanting to be back)

snowpeasmom
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Your daughter can do a lot. Anything with out height require
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:06 PM
We took our youngest at 20 months and she was able to do anything that didn't have a height requirement. Disney is the best place to take little ones because there is so much for them to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:30 PM

we rode Pooh's Many Adventures, Peter Pan, It's a Small World, watched Fantasmic, rode Dumbo, the Tea Cups, the 2.5 year old rode the Barnstormer (height requirement of 35"), Tomorrowland Speedway (height requirement of 32"), Peoplemover (the little girls really liked it for some reason), Space Ranger Spin, did the Carousel of Progress, watched the Monster's Inc show, watched the Tiki Room show, rode the Carpets, the Jungle Cruise, walked the tree house, played on tom sawyer's island, did the Haunted Mansion, rode the carousel, and met lots of charcters, and that was just in the Magic Kingdom (plus ODD and I rode space mountain and big thunder mountain railroad)

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 4:08 PM

YAY she is going to love it. We are going for christmas too. But we will be there at christmas time. I cant wait to see how much fun Miranda has the last time I took her she was only 2 months old. I know she will love it more now that she is older and can enjoy stuff like that. She will be able to do almost all the rides. There are only a few rides in each park that has a height limit but you can do baby swap. Which is really nice. 

DIStickers.com Ticker
Cee670
by Christine on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Congrats on your husband getting a job!  That is always nice to hear.  :)  Have fun planning for your trip.  The little one can ride so many rides, just a few ride restrictions she won't be able to .  

Here are the height resctictions.

http://allears.net/tp/rr.htm

crazybones27
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:38 AM
You will be shocked at the amount of stuff your daughter can do as opposed to what she can't do :-). I've been taking our two children since they were 8months old and they've gone on everything that does not have a height requirement.

During that time of year definitely one thing never to miss is the Osborne Family lights. Make sure to get to the street before they turn the lights on for the night. While you and your family will think its completely awesome your 2yr olds face will probably be the most priceless of the bunch :-).

I also love traveling during that time of year with little ones because you're really not dealing with the heat, but you are playing a guessing game with who cold it might get at night. So make sure you do have heavy enough coats. We went in 2008 and had out 8month old bundled up in a coat, blanket, hat, gloves, etc. it got down to I think 40 degrees that night during MVMCP. So it can get that cold in Florida :).
Excitedforbaby
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:37 PM

We're from Maine and when we went in January 2010, everyone was bundled up (that was the year of the Florida freeze- all the greenery around the parks were brownery..) and we still wore our tshirts and capris during the day, sweatshirts at night =)   

I'm so incredibly excited!  DH thinks i'm overplanning- I think that's impossible!

TiphaniMommy
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Congrats...When we took our daughter for the first time back in 2008 she was 18 months. Magic Kingdom was the one park that had more for her to do.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)