Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

HE'S DONE!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM
  • 23 Replies
5 moms liked this

DONE DONE DONE!!! After 6 yrs of chemo, and hospital stays, and blook work, and set backs, and so many tears, our son (10) is now considered CURED of Leukemia!!!! woohooThis Disney trip is going to be amazing!! I already called to let them know to add the reason for our celebrating!! Can't wait to see his face once we get there!!!

I gotta see about getting our room decorated beforehand for him to see once we walk in. Has anyone ever done that? I know people send groceries ahead of time, but what about congrats banners and balloons?

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennyanne322
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM
That is amazing. Hope you have a great trip!! I am not sure about the banner stuff, but I am sure of you call and ask they will do anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rychelle
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Omg!!! What wonderful news!!!! This is very close to my heart as well do bringing tears to my eyes!!!!! As far as room decorations, call or look online at Disneys Florist. They have in room celebration packages!! You need to check in first though. So you'd prob have it set up to surprise him after you get back in from the park. Depending on when you are arriving etc. call and they will give you all the details
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eringlading
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM
That's so amazing. Hope u guys have a magical time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Congrats to him and you!

Disney has several In-Room celebrations.  I think this one may be for him:

My Magical Triumph

Other In-Room here.

TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Thanks! I called and those in-room packages are $250+!! Ouch :(  I did call ASMovies and they said I could ship stuff down, but they can't guarantee that they would be able to put up anything. She said to call back 10 days prior. If the resort is pretty quiet, they will try to do it, otherwise, once we arrive, My hubby would have to distract the kids and I can go decorate everything..

Quoting nova.mommy:

Congrats to him and you!

My Magical Triumph

Other In-Room here.

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I knew they were not cheap and after the long battle you have been through money might have been used up in other ways. 

Maybe have DH take the kids to a shop or meal and say you need to ask something at the front desk and will meet them there.  Then you could go and fix the room.  Maybe even have items in a carry-on bag to decorate the room, so you don't need to pay for shipping.

Quoting TommyAbby:

Thanks! I called and those in-room packages are $250+!! Ouch :(  I did call ASMovies and they said I could ship stuff down, but they can't guarantee that they would be able to put up anything. She said to call back 10 days prior. If the resort is pretty quiet, they will try to do it, otherwise, once we arrive, My hubby would have to distract the kids and I can go decorate everything..

Quoting nova.mommy:

Congrats to him and you!

My Magical Triumph

Other In-Room here.

vicky33006
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Oh I'm so happy for you and your son!!! Leukemia is very near and dear to my heart, so I'm very happy to hear stories like this. Have a wonderful, magical trip!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USMCwife0530
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM
That's awesome!!! He's gonna be stoked with such a great surprise!!! Have fun :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my2sweetjoys
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM

That is awesome news! What a wonderful time to celebrate at Disney! I cant wait for all the pictures while you are there-

Have a blast & give your son some big hugs from me pleasehugs

patnic
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM

That is wonderful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)