Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

How is it?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:15 AM
  • 16 Replies

In Sept? Anyone been in Sept? : )

(crowds, weather....all of it. We're going Sept 1-8th)

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rychelle
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
We went last sept. it was HOT. Wait let me rephrase... Brutal hot and humid!!!!! But crowds were really low and just a thunder storm/rain mid day for like 20-30 min each day. So bring ponchos. The heat and rain were bareable because it wasnt crowded. Id def do sept again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greene14
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM
We are going this Sept for 10 days and I heard its real hot and the crowds are low..can't wait!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Hot. HOT. HOT HOT HOT! We normally go the last week of September and we melt. This year we had to move up to August.

The lower crowds make it worth it, except you'll be running into large crowds your first two days there due to a long holiday weekend. We'll be leaving WDW on the 1st, we're going the week before.

reneawesley
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM
We went the 11-16 last year. I didn't think the weather was bad at all. Guess it depends on where you're coming from. The crowds were good. The only time we had to deal with lots of people was trying to leave every night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazybones27
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:10 AM
We were there that week last year and it was hot and humid. I'm from NJ so it was a lot more humid then I'm technically use to, but it's Florida so I expected it. With that said the crowds are always more manageable because all the kids are going back to school starting that week. I agree there will definitely be chances of rain especially since that's dead center of hurricane season for Florida, but the afternoon rain is also normal :-). Just be prepared to drink plenty of water, have sunscreen, keep covered, take plenty of breaks in the AC when and where you can and you'll have a great time :-). It's very easy to get heat exhaustion down there. I actually wound up getting it on a trip at the end of September in 2010 and I was hydrating and staying cool so definitely be careful :-).
Sweet_Britt
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Oh yes, I live in Colorado Springs (which is really high in elevation), so we're ALWAYS drinking tons of water, super easy to get dehydrated this high up...lol. We have dry heat though, instead of humid heat...lol 

Im suppppppper flipping excited to hear about the crowds! The heat I can handle, we've been in 100+ temps recently, it's the crowds that get to me so bad! lol

Quoting crazybones27:

We were there that week last year and it was hot and humid. I'm from NJ so it was a lot more humid then I'm technically use to, but it's Florida so I expected it. With that said the crowds are always more manageable because all the kids are going back to school starting that week. I agree there will definitely be chances of rain especially since that's dead center of hurricane season for Florida, but the afternoon rain is also normal :-). Just be prepared to drink plenty of water, have sunscreen, keep covered, take plenty of breaks in the AC when and where you can and you'll have a great time :-). It's very easy to get heat exhaustion down there. I actually wound up getting it on a trip at the end of September in 2010 and I was hydrating and staying cool so definitely be careful :-).

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Crowds- low, weather - Hot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlefoots
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM

The days following Labor Day.. park crowds are extremely low..  we usually go these dates yearly and even though it is hot like others stated.. crowd wise its worth it.  We do the same things as above moms do.. the a/c walk through buildings, ponchos for quick rains, and def stay hydrated.

Schleetle
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
It's hot, but a bit cooler at night. MNSSHP was great in September. Not crowded, and weather was tolerable in costume once the sun was down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Britt
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:37 PM

*does a leprechaun dance* hehehe

Im so so excited to hear about the low crowds!!! The crowds in April were SOOOOO bad, they made it miserable (mostly at Epcot and Hollywood Studios). I have little spray fan things, collapsible water bottles and ponchos for the rain, and a stroller poncho to keep our stuff dry! :D 

Quoting littlefoots:

The days following Labor Day.. park crowds are extremely low..  we usually go these dates yearly and even though it is hot like others stated.. crowd wise its worth it.  We do the same things as above moms do.. the a/c walk through buildings, ponchos for quick rains, and def stay hydrated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN