Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you go or no it's not right?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:04 PM
  • 21 Replies

About 11 of our relatives are going to Disney in less than a year. Financially, Days off etc it's not time  for our family 5 for week long trip to Disney. One of my SIL said she has a room already paid for by herself and invited me and 2 of the kids to come down. Would you go down for Seaworld, 2 out of the park Disney meals, swim in the pool, downtown disney, monorail ride etc?

What are your thoughts? Is it allowed? She has already paid for the room since she did a package for herself, tickets dining.

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cee670
by Christine on Jul. 27, 2012 at 5:02 AM
If I couldn't afford it then no I wouldn't go. I go other places than Disney with my family. Doesn't sound like a Disney vacation though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 9:39 AM

So DH/SO will be staying home with one kid?  I would find something the whole family could do.  Tha child that stays home may feel left out and it may cause hostilities between the kids.

If I did go, I would pay for the food me and my kids ate.

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 9:50 AM

If the whole family was going I would say go.  We have gone to Orlando and never gone to any of the parks.  We stay at Bonnet Creek and they have a ton of activities, pools, view of Epcots fireworks.  And we just hang with the family and have fun.  But to leave one child home I could not do.  

rhymia
by Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a little confused - you would take two of your kids to Disney but not do the parks? Just the "free" and lower cost attracitons?

SIL will have to put you on her reservtion and I believe it would be allowed for two adults and three kids to stay in one room. Disney does make you pay extra I believe for a third adult in the room. So in that aspect you should be okay.

For my family this wouldn't be possible. There would still be the expense of the plane tickets, money for activities, extras, etc. And my kids would be upset if we were "at" Disney but didn't "do" Disney. I would rather save my time/money for a real family vacation. 

minneapolismama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:38 PM
I wouldn't leave one kid. Also I wouldn't go withoutgoing to the parks if the rest of your family are all going to them. Save money to do a real Disney trip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I have no problem not going to the parks. Just because the Jones' are doing X doesnt mean that we have to.  We vacationed with another family last year and we didnt do everything they did.  My kids were 1, 3 & 5 at the time and while the 1 year old had no clue the others didnt have a problem with it.  

nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 2:02 PM
I would not do that. And if you do, your SIL needs to put you all on the reservation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhymia
by Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Quoting awesomemommy2:

I have no problem not going to the parks. Just because the Jones' are doing X doesnt mean that we have to.  We vacationed with another family last year and we didnt do everything they did.  My kids were 1, 3 & 5 at the time and while the 1 year old had no clue the others didnt have a problem with it.  

Normally I would agree with you, especially if we were all staying offsite. We have frequently split the cost of a vacation home with other families and then had different plans. No biggie. But in this case the OP would be at a Disney resort with her family that is all doing the parks. I think the kids would have a really hard time with that. I know my kids would, because no matter how generally well behaved they usually are, they are kids and kids get disappointed and let you know. That would suck the fun right out of it for me. And while I've said before I don't consider Disney the "trip of a lifetime" it still is an expensive vacation, and one I would much rather do with my immediate family.

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I am looking at it more of a nice opportunity to spend some time with the family (i am assuming cousins).  I have a good friends that live in FL and when we are down she has come up and stayed with us (were staying at Saratoga Springs) and we have gone to the park and they hung at the resort for the day.  So I guess combining my experiences with them along with my experiences with my own kids would be my reasoning for thinking it was okay BUT I would not be okay with leaving one of my kids home.  

Quoting rhymia:

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Normally I would agree with you, especially if we were all staying offsite. We have frequently split the cost of a vacation home with other families and then had different plans. No biggie. But in this case the OP would be at a Disney resort with her family that is all doing the parks. I think the kids would have a really hard time with that. I know my kids would, because no matter how generally well behaved they usually are, they are kids and kids get disappointed and let you know. That would suck the fun right out of it for me. And while I've said before I don't consider Disney the "trip of a lifetime" it still is an expensive vacation, and one I would much rather do with my immediate family.

Supervane
by Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 3:18 PM
The fact that everyone is going songs super fun! But if you can't financially then just pass
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)