Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

WDW 2013... need reviews!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 2:16 AM
  • 18 Replies

DH and I areplanning a week long family trip to celebrate dd's first bday next september at WDW.

We have NEVER been so, I am hopin u avid Disney ladies can help.

We don't have a set budget yet, so I would like to look at each area of hotel and selet the "best" one and do a "mock" vacation package to see what our totals would be and when we get our finances down, then see which we can afford.

So...

I need the best resort in the Value,Moderate & Deluxe catagories. 

Any other input u can provide would be great too.

Thanks.

by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tiffnkids
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 2:34 AM

I have gone to Disney with the help of  Littlefoots.... she can look all of that stuff up and is a great help! She is a Disney TA ...she doesn't charge anything for her services either :) I have known her for years and she is just wonderful with knowledge :)

BrownEyedGirl86
by Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 6:01 AM
Animal kingdom lodge.

Amazing hotel and amazing views of you get the rooms looking out to the savannah.

I have pictures on the computer from our room on our trip

I haven't stayed anywhere else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rychelle
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Congrats on your first vacation! I've been prob 15-20 times so I hope I can help a little. I'll also ditto talking to Dians (Littlefoots) she's great and knows everything Disney!! :)
As far as resorts go through the pics of each one and see what appeals to you. What some think is great others aren't too keen on the theming. As far as my favorites
Value: I'd go with the brand new Art of Anination! It just opened and that would be the value id try. People rave about Pop Century but I do NOT like the theming at all!!
Moderates: Caribbean Beach is very pretty but HUGE. I'd only suggest a preferred room there.
Coronado Springs is beautiful also on the larger side.
The smaller ones are Port Orleans very pretty!
My favorite Deluxes: Wilderness Lodge and yaht club. Polynesian was just OK for me :) I have yet to stay at animal kingdom lodge but it lOoks amazing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I'm also a big Disney fan, we are going for the 10th time the last week of August.  My brother and sister in law and the kids will be staying at Art of Animation, hubby and I and our two daughters at Pop Century.

We like Pop Century and are hopeful that AoA will be a great experience for the in laws (this is all value category).

Suggestion for you is to look at the historical times of discounts, when they will have free dining or room discounts, when you know what kind of budget you have, that will help you in deciding which category you can afford and when to get the best deal.  I don't always have choices because I have a child in school and can only go when she's off (she is in high school).

Schleetle
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM
I've been to quite a few resorts (moderate, and deluxe no values yet but may try AOA). My favorite so far were the wilderness cabins because of the privacy, roominess, boat access to MK, and there was no "scooter wait" on the shuttles. We did have to rent a golf cart though to navigate the grounds. The best resort food was at the Animal Kingdom lodge I loved the food there! I also enjoyed seeing the animals at the grounds there as opposed to going to animal kingdom park. September is hot hot hot so if you can go to Mickeys Halloween party definitely do it. It's more than worth the extra ticket price to see the special parade, fireworks, and to enjoy the park at night when it's cooler, and not crowded. My daughter was very overwhelmed by MK during the day because how hectic it is there, but she loved Epcot. If it's just going to be the three of you the little mermaid rooms at art of animation might be a cute idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
minneapolismama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I think you will have a hard time getting a "best" because it depends on a lot. 

Art of Animation just opened so that's the newest value- the rooms look cute and I would say that's probably best.

Moderate I have never stayed in one! but we would probably do a Port Orleans or Coronado Springs? I would honestly only go to a moderate with the best price.. 

Deluxe I think the nicest are Grand Floridian and Yatch Club. I stayed at GF and it was very nice. But with my kids I would probably do AK lodge because they are huge animal lovers. 

nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Value I would say A of A or Pop if A of A isn't available. Moderate I have never been but hear good things about Coronado or POR. Deluxe we loved Boardwalk Inn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM
I refuse to stuff my family in one room or to have to tiptoe around a room while a little one is napping or when they go to bed. So other than DVC or resorts with separate BR's and a kitchenette all the others are out. I live being able to relax and have breakfast. Having a 1 year old eat 3 meals a day out for a week is alot (on them and you). We own a TS at Bonnet Creek which is on site but not a Disney resort. I would make sure that whatever resort you pick has a kiddie pool/sprayground area that is gated and fenced by itself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Also think about lugging baby stuff (stroller/diaper bag) around if you are at a bus resort. When you go to MK you take a bus and then have to take monorail or ferry to get to park. That's alot of lugging (lol).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 6:06 PM
The bus takes you straight to the park. U don't have to take the monorail or ferry

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Also think about lugging baby stuff (stroller/diaper bag) around if you are at a bus resort. When you go to MK you take a bus and then have to take monorail or ferry to get to park. That's alot of lugging (lol).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)