Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

disney world tips

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:39 PM
  • 6 Replies

OK my family and I are renting a car in Florida and going to magic kingdom, universal studios, and islands of adventure and i would love to not have to pay out the tush for parking any tips my hotel doesn't have a free shuttle and i got such a deal on a car rental plus im off grounds another good deal. any help saving us some money would be great. I have so many questons i feel like i would annoy the crap out of eveyone here i have never traveled and have severe anxiety and ocd so planning is a must for me. thanks all

by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Rychelle
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Ask away!!! That's what the group is here for!!!!! we will help you any way we can! :) As far as parking I have no advice on that since I've always stayed on property!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
minneapolismama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Some of the quick service meals portions are so huge you can easily share. Or the kids meals at so cattle adults could order them. I an mainly thinking of cosmic rays in magic kingdom. But some Disney stuff before your trip-shirts etc-to save a ton. Not sure about parking either..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Parking is $14 per day at Disney. Not much you can do about that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anxiousschk
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Parking isn't cheap at Universal either, but if you haven't gotten tickets yet, check with AAA.  I don't know if you need to book a package with them to get the free parking or not...

The middle of the day is the most crowded for all parks.  Morning and evening are great times to get through the rides you want to do, save shows for mid-day.  We did Universal and IOA for Spring Break and just left in the middle of the day when it got crowded.   Our hotel wasn't far away so it was easy to leave and come back. 

How old are the kids?  

If some won't want to ride, use parent swap/single rider lines.  DD is 9 and doesn't like thrill rides so we just sent her to the parent swap room each time (at Universal) and went through the single rider lines. We didn't have to wait for any ride more than 5 minutes.  

Disney has a parent swap thing too, just tell them that's what you want to do.  

nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:35 AM
I don't think you can avoid parking costs. I usually stay on property plus I'm an annual pass holder (we het free parking).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlefoots
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Reg parking at Universal is $15, preferred parking is $20. 

At Disney- if you order quick serve meals- you can ask for large size beverages instead of the "reg" size that comes with the meal..at no extra cost. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN