Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Best time to go ...to Disneyland? Best Deals?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

???

I'm thinking of booking with Costco Travel for a mini 3 day vacation to Disneyland...it'll be our  22 month-old son's 1st time going, so we want to make the trip extra special! Also... we have not gone in 2.5 years since our annual passes expired ;D

Any tips are welcomed! Thanks!

by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommySally
by Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I heard that it is much more bearable going during the regular school year. We went during spring break about 3 years ago, it was gross sticky hot and way too many people. During the later months it isn't so hot and all the kids "should" be in school. Not too sure about pricing or anything, this was actually a tip my husband heard from a man standing in line waiting for The Tower of Terror.

We plan on going during Halloween whenever we have our next trip. I am obsessed with Nightmare Before Christmas, and I personally think it would be so badass to be in Disney during Halloween.

Have fun on your vacation when you decide to go!! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKrasnor
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:05 AM
We just got back from our trip a week ago. I say wait until school is in session and not during a long weekend. It was hot and crowded and we went on a Wednesday and Thursday. It was still fabulous but I wish we couldve waited another month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
super.nana
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I have now been twice for Halloween!  It's amazing and sooo worth it.  The crowds are more bearable.  During the week is better. 

Quoting MommySally:

I heard that it is much more bearable going during the regular school year. We went during spring break about 3 years ago, it was gross sticky hot and way too many people. During the later months it isn't so hot and all the kids "should" be in school. Not too sure about pricing or anything, this was actually a tip my husband heard from a man standing in line waiting for The Tower of Terror.

We plan on going during Halloween whenever we have our next trip. I am obsessed with Nightmare Before Christmas, and I personally think it would be so badass to be in Disney during Halloween.

calilove33
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:13 AM
We went last January and it was perfect! No lines, not crowded, nice weather we also went on a week day. We are going to go again in January this year since it was perfect last time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dfollin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Personally I would not use a travel agent,just spending more money that you could save at Disney.We went to DW last month and loved,however I do see that you have chosen to visit DL.You will save money if you go to www.disney.com and select DL and get the contact number to there.I do not have the number because I went to DW.
FlyingMommy747
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 4:46 PM

We went in June, and it was packed and hot.  I would definately wait till school is back in session and go during the week.  Check the schedule for when rides are being renovated or shut down before you book.  Once we went and Pirates of the Carribean was being shut down, so we were disappointed.  I would not wait too far into winter as you run the risk of it being too cold.  We were there in February and we almost froze, but it was empty.

Remember with such a small child, there will be lots of ride he won't be able to go on.  Check hight restrictions on the Disneyland website before you go.  There are also apps you can download to your smart phone that gives you wait times as well as menus for all the dining establishments there.  We used those apps a lot.

Bring your stroller!!!  The rental strollers are $15 a day and can really add up quickly.  Plus, they all look alike, you want to be able to identify yours easily.

JennO2
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:18 PM

We like to go in early October since our kids are little and all school aged kids should be in school The park does close earlier but when you go with little ones its not such a bad think to get to bed early ang go back early the next morning. Have fun!

MommySally
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Yeah I bet. When we plan to go again that is when I want to go!

Quoting super.nana:

I have now been twice for Halloween!  It's amazing and sooo worth it.  The crowds are more bearable.  During the week is better. 

Quoting MommySally:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelam0580
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:42 PM
I went first week in march, it was perfect! About 80 everyday, barely crowded during the week, rides all back open in preparation from spring break(there was only 1 good ride down) . Great hotel deals too! We left on a Saturday and our hotel told us they were now booked solid for spring breaks starting. We def went at the right time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN