Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pool Hopping SO

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:45 PM
  • 28 Replies
What are your thoughts on pool hopping? Are you for it or against it?

Thoughts?

**No drama. Just curious**
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom22tumblebugs
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 2:43 PM

As long as the pool isn't overcrowded, I don't really care. Disney is Disney. I think the resort pools are too small to begin with. But I have never seen them super crowded either.

.LoVeMyBuG.
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:08 PM
2 moms liked this

If you are trying to "pool hop" to another hotel or resort that you didn't pay to stay at then I say no, don't do it. I know I wouldn't appreciate the resort pool (that I paid to stay at) being over crowded because of "pool hoppers" that liked our resort pool better than the hotel or resort pool that they paid for, or didn't pay for.  

But if your talking about pool hopping within different pools at the resort your staying at then I don't see the issue, the pools are meant to be used. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 5:12 PM
6 moms liked this
I hate pool hoppers. Play where you pay. End of story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Britt
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's pretty darn rude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm against it.  Sure, I've admired some pools at the nicer resorts but I won't pay to stay there so I don't think my family should be allowed to use the pool.  It's inconsiderate and rude in my opinion.  Plus, most of the resorts don't allow access to the bathrooms or changing areas without a keycard, so wouldn't someone have to ride a bus back to their own resort in a wet bathing suit or towel?  Ick.  I'll stick with the pool at the resort that I stay in.

htreveth
by Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Rude. I consider it stealing. You don't pay to stay there it isn't yours to play there. Pretty simple to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's unethical and rude. And if you are with your kids what a way to teach them that it's ok to take things or participate in things they didn't pay for. I wouldn't go to a random hotelnor at Disney if I wasn't guest so why is it ok to pool hop at Disney. If I pay a ton of money for a nicer resort and pool I do not want it overcrowded with people who aren't guests.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Quoting nomadbrat83:

I think it's unethical and rude. And if you are with your kids what a way to teach them that it's ok to take things or participate in things they didn't pay for. I wouldn't go to a random hotelnor at Disney if I wasn't guest so why is it ok to pool hop at Disney. If I pay a ton of money for a nicer resort and pool I do not want it overcrowded with people who aren't guests.

I live in Miami and I have done it one or two times at the  hotel by the beach.... we do get a few things to eat so to me it's not UNETHICAL OR RUDE it's crazy how others get about something that is not a BIG deal and not like all the world is doing it lol also the two times I have done it I did ask if we could go in the pool and was told "sure NO BIG DEAL"!!!!!

BTW it was not like we would go all day lol

nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 11:22 AM
If you eat at a hotel and then they say you can swim at the pool is one thing, but that's not the OP's scenario and that's not what I was taking about. When people talk about pool hopping it's not about eating there and nicely asking it u can swim there, it's just deciding you like another places hotel better and using it when you aren't a guest which us wrong in my opinion and the opinion of many others. And it is wrong to enjoy the benefits of something someone didn't pay for. Pools are meant to accommodate the guests that stay there (and sometimes guests of other hotels if the hotels have that agreement or sometimes guests of people who are staying) and not random people who just think who I like that pool so I should get to swim there.

Quoting Dawne98:

Quoting nomadbrat83:

I live in Miami and I have done it one or two times at the  hotel by the beach.... we do get a few things to eat so to me it's not UNETHICAL OR RUDE it's crazy how others get about something that is not a BIG deal and not like all the world is doing it lol also the two times I have done it I did ask if we could go in the pool and was told "sure NO BIG DEAL"!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Exactly.. Kinda like paying for a coach seat for a flight, walking into first class and sitting there because you like it better. You get what you pay for :) 

Quoting nomadbrat83:

If you eat at a hotel and then they say you can swim at the pool is one thing, but that's not the OP's scenario and that's not what I was taking about. When people talk about pool hopping it's not about eating there and nicely asking it u can swim there, it's just deciding you like another places hotel better and using it when you aren't a guest which us wrong in my opinion and the opinion of many others. And it is wrong to enjoy the benefits of something someone didn't pay for. Pools are meant to accommodate the guests that stay there (and sometimes guests of other hotels if the hotels have that agreement or sometimes guests of people who are staying) and not random people who just think who I like that pool so I should get to swim there.

Quoting Dawne98:

Quoting nomadbrat83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)