Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

So Excited! I Finally Got a Reservation

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:56 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

So we booked our trip for next week in mid-July.  I got busy with work and put off making our character dining reservations. When I got around to it about 3 weeks ago everything but Hollywood Studios were booked solid.  My son who just turned two is a huge Mickey and Goofy fan.  I finally got a reservation at the Swan and Dolphin, but was still bummed about Chef Mickey's.

Yesterday, I was looking at the reservations site and finally found a breakfast at Chef Mickey's for the first morning we are at Disney.  I'm so geek-ed out and can't wait! (Now, let's just hope the little guy isn't scared of him)

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:52 AM

THat is great! We went one year in Aug! and did not have a reservation for Chef Mickey's and got in a hour after I called... that was the 1st time my little ones 1st trip to  WDW and she was a little scared... your going to love it! WE DO....

matofour
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Yah!
We leave in a week and I was able to get Ohana for dinner one night yesterday.
My favorite and only place I wanted to eat!
The stars must be aligned!!!
Means a fabulous trip will be had by everyone!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I've often found my best reservations at 45 days out, when people are last minute cancelling their packages without penalty, and then again at 7-10 days out. I don't stress reservations anymore.

On a side note, I wouldn't stress AT ALL over Chef Mickey's. Yuck. Barf. Blech. I hate every single thing about that place from the joke of a picture you take at the way in, to the servers, to the poor, rushed character interaction to the food. 

Kodysmommy928
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Yay!  Have fun!

I am trying desperately to get a T-Rex ressie for my son's 8th birthday.  No such luck.

AbriCrazy
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Lmmfao I always love your replies.
You crack me up.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I've often found my best reservations at 45 days out, when people are last minute cancelling their packages without penalty, and then again at 7-10 days out. I don't stress reservations anymore.

On a side note, I wouldn't stress AT ALL over Chef Mickey's. Yuck. Barf. Blech. I hate every single thing about that place from the joke of a picture you take at the way in, to the servers, to the poor, rushed character interaction to the food. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbriCrazy
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Op I'm glad you were able to get a reservation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ridlersbaby
by New Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Chef Mickey's is awesome : ).

ridlersbaby
by New Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 5:12 PM

For the TRex cafe if you call them directly a lot of times you can get reservations.  My brother is going down soon and all the dinners were booked for when they are going he called the restuarant and got a reservation.  They don't release them all to be booked on Disney's website.  Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN