Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

? about changing reservations last minute

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:19 PM
  • 9 Replies

My friend has a package booked and they are about 50 days out. Something came up and her boyfriend cannot go, which in turn means his daughter from a pervious relationship cannot go. Does anyone know if she can get a refund on those two tickets? She did book directly through disney but has not had time to call them . She is still goning and taking her 2 kids so if they will not refund do you know if they will change the names on the reservation so she can take her sisters? Thanks in advance for your help ladies. 

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
eringlading
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:03 PM
My sil did this a week before her trip. Her and her bf split up and she called to cancel him. I think she got all her money back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Isn't there insurance they buy for those sorts of circumstances?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yngmom3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I am not sure if she bought the vacation insurance or not, but I am guessing that even if she did they do not cover break-ups. :( 

Quoting MamaJessx3:

MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Insurance should cover any sort of cancellation if she bought it

Quoting yngmom3:

I am not sure if she bought the vacation insurance or not, but I am guessing that even if she did they do not cover break-ups. :( 

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlefoots
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

If you are more than 45 days out from arrival.. you can make any change without any fees etc. 

Yes, she would be removing the adult /child from her reservation. If she would like the 2 sisters to join.. she just needs to let them kow she would like to make a change. 

Also, not sure.. but if she purchased any party ( MNSSHP/MVMCP) tickets.. those are nonrefundable.  

After the 45 day mark is when you start to see possible fees incurred for a change.  Sorry she is going through this but glad she is taking the kids anyway and choosing to enjoy herself. Good for them! 

Just an FYI- Insurance is 75.95 per adult, children free if she thinks something additional may pop up. This can be added up to 3 days before arrival.

yngmom3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks so much. She called me all upset and I didn't know what to tell her but I did tell her she has to call today. I did ask her if she wanted to put.me on her reservation..lol.

Quoting littlefoots:

If you are more than 45 days out from arrival.. you can make any change without any fees etc. 

Yes, she would be removing the adult /child from her reservation. If she would like the 2 sisters to join.. she just needs to let them kow she would like to make a change. 

Also, not sure.. but if she purchased any party ( MNSSHP/MVMCP) tickets.. those are nonrefundable.  

After the 45 day mark is when you start to see possible fees incurred for a change.  Sorry she is going through this but glad she is taking the kids anyway and choosing to enjoy herself. Good for them! 

Just an FYI- Insurance is 75.95 per adult, children free if she thinks something additional may pop up. This can be added up to 3 days before arrival.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Excitedforbaby
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:41 PM

This happened to me, I booked a trip for 4, my two sons- my husband and myself.  I booked it early, as usual and things happened- my husband and I seperated and I replaced him with my mother (not my best moment) for the trip.  It worked out fine, they changed everything from his name to hers- the only thing we didn't have was the luggage tag- so she became him for that :)  

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:54 AM
If it reaches 45 days, there is a $75 fee to change out the reservation. I had to do this last February.
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:55 AM
Quoting Excitedforbaby:

This happened to me, I booked a trip for 4, my two sons- my husband and myself.  I booked it early, as usual and things happened- my husband and I seperated and I replaced him with my mother (not my best moment) for the trip.  It worked out fine, they changed everything from his name to hers- the only thing we didn't have was the luggage tag- so she became him for that :)  

Sounds like my story! My best friend scrimped and saved, and finally got enough saved up. She paid it off, and found out 2 weeks later her husband had been cheating on her. I replaced him on the trip to help her with her kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)