Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Flying Southwest - boarding pass question?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:44 AM
  • 7 Replies
We will be flying Southwest to & from Orlando. If you are familiar with this airline, you can print out your boarding pass 24 hours in advance and you are assigned a Group in which to board the plane (group A boards first, group B boards second, etc). As there is no assigned seating, trying to obtain Group A is what I'd like so I can ensure that my family can sit together.
Do Disney hotels provide guest computers & printers so that I can print out my boarding passes in advance? I'm staying at the Caribbean resort for the first time so I don't know if this type of service is available. Thanks for any info!
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Tiffytifftiff
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:52 AM

I have used Southwest before but i had to get my ticket there but there is not assigned seating and from what i rremember to get group A you had to pay a little more. sorry i can't be more of a help

TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Do you mean for when you leave? If you are using Magic Express service, they print them out for you before you board the bus to head back to the airport.They will put on your luggage tags and go over your boarding pass with you. It was fantastic to not have to worry about it.  And with Southwest, they have families with small children boarding first. Just make sure you get to your flight an hour beforehand. THey make that call ONCE and then after that it's every man for himself! 

MissLydie
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:03 PM

You can go check in and not print the boarding passes, then print them from the airport!

VG74
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Thanks for the info, everybody! Much appreciated! :)
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:55 PM

If you want the A group you have to pay like $10.00 more but yes 24 hours you ck in get your boarding passes and on it you'll see your group B and on....I just went on Southwest from Miami to las vegas and it was my 1st time I was in group B each way I just made sure to ckin right at the time I was able to.... if you are a family with little ones you'll go right after A group...also I  just ck in on the phone then when I got to the ariport I got my boarding pass.... hope you get the new plane they are wonderful! It had the new car smellgoing on lol

ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Pay the $10 for Early Boarding and get the Southwest Airlines app on your smart phone. You can check in on that, and then Disney prints your boarding passes like normal.

MissLydie
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Actually it is no more money the $10 is for the comp to check you in 48 hrs before...... For free if you log in 24 hrs out then it usually still gets you A group...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)