Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

DW in August

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM
  • 9 Replies
What's the last week of August like at DW? Is it hot? Storms? Is it crowded?
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM
HOT and stormy but the crowds are lower because school is back in session down here then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rychelle
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Yupp. This. I just went the last week of August and we had a great time!!!!

Quoting MamaJessx3:

HOT and stormy but the crowds are lower because school is back in session down here then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dfollin
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Quoting MamaJessx3:

Stormy? Just rain or tropical storms?
----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/dfollin
MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Thunderstorms and rain....but plan for some pretty bad downpours. That's our stormy season here. Could be a tropical storm or hurricane but you'll know that ahead of time if there is.

Quoting dfollin:

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Stormy? Just rain or tropical storms?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazybones27
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:24 AM
I've gone a couple of times during that time of year because my birthday falls that week. One year we were lucky and traveled the week in between two hurricanes. Florida as a whole in the summer is very hot. Just plan on plenty of sunscreen, drink a lot of water and things with electrolytes, take plenty of midday breaks to swim or get out of the heat for a nap, and bring ponchos :-). It does rain during that time. You use to be able to predict what time it was because it always use to rain at 3pm for some reason lol. The rain though during that time is scattered so just make sure you're prepared for it. The crowds are also lighter because Florida schools are back in session, but the NorthEast is also getting ready for school a week later so a lot of people aren't traveling.
dfollin
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Quoting MamaJessx3:

Is late June any better? When we went in early July it was cooler then planned and only a few showers a few afternoons.
----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/dfollin
MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM
June is hot also but maybe a little better temperature wise than August. Still stormy season though. Basically all summer through the end of September is our stormy season bc the humidity is so high. You could get lucky and come on a week when there isn't as much rain. You just never know. Sounds like maybe that's what happened to u when u came in July. However I've never heard anyone describe our weather as "cool" in July lol.

Quoting dfollin:

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Is late June any better? When we went in early July it was cooler then planned and only a few showers a few afternoons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Robin
by Robin on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:57 AM

We've been doing that last week of August for a few years now.  The rates go down a lot and it's less crowded since most kids are already back to school.  Our kids don't go back until after Labor Day. 

The weather's hot but we expect that so we're fine.  Most rides and restaurants have Air Conditioning so there's a lot of relief - and we take breaks in the afternoon to swim at the hotel pool.

It rains almost everyday in the late afternoon.  Usually a downpour and often thunderstorms... but they don't last long.  Just have your rain panchos and stroller covers handy.

Have fun!!

MedicMommyAnne
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:27 AM
We went the week before that last year and it was unbearably hot, wicked rain storms at least once every day if not more often. So humid. But a hurricane hit a day or two after we left.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)