Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

19 days til christmas at disney! Tips needed for going in December!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM
  • 13 Replies
As many times as ive been to disney, including just in april, ive never been there for christmas! Im sooo excited! Buuut im worried about packing! Im told to pack coats, pants, and shorts coz even though it can be warm in the day it could get cold at night...does all this actually fit in a suitcase lol?? Any tips for goin in december or for xmas time? We are goin dec 1-8, so im hoping low crowds. We are also goin to the xmas party! And staying at the polynesian which we've never stayed at before!
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I can't speak for Disney, but my grandparents used to live in Ocala, Fl(I think about an hour or so from WDW).  I remember going on year to Daytona Beach.  We all had winter coats on, it was cold and really windy.  That was an extreme, but a light winter jacket should be more than enough.  Sweaters or sweatshirts may do also.  And maybe some pants.

-bliss-
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
We're going to Disney the 1-8 too! :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Robin
by Robin on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM

You are going to have a ball!!

When we go in the winter and bring coats, we wear them on the plane.

We were just there for 2 weeks - some of the days there were a lot colder than the other days - so it can go either way.  We had 45 degree nights and 65 degree nights.  Be sure to pack some sweatshirts - and bring bathingsuits, too!

littlefoots
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Just wanted to warn you that it may be busy due to some things happening on Dec 6th..

MK- The official opening of New Fantasyland

DHS- grand opening of POTC: The Legend of Jack Sparrow

Epcot- grand reopening of Test Track..

Hopefully you wont have too bad of crowds..but I would rather warn you then you go unknowing and bump into them..  Have a great time..very excited you get to enjoy all these new things!! 

spunky946
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM
The weather can be hit or miss. I'd pack layers. Have fun.
WillT25
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Thanks for the warning of the crowds! I was hoping it wouldnt be very crowded :/. We will be in epcot on the 6th and as far away from the reopening as possible lol as my son was too short for that in april anyway! Im gonna try packin clothes for each day in ziplock bags and hopefully it will make more room!
Excitedforbaby
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Where are you from?  We went in Jan 2010 and it was unseasonably cold that trip.  I'm from Maine, and still wore capris all trip.  My boys wore shorts!!  We just wore a sweatshirt or brought one with us to the parks because at night, it did get chilly. I was never freezing though!   Have a fantastic trip, we'll be there the 10-17th!

Schleetle
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:59 PM
We just got back, you have to see the lights in Hollywood Studios they are beautiful! The Christmas party is fun, and fantasyland was open during that time. Leafu's (sp?) brew at Gaston's Pub was a big hit with DD if you have dining plan you can charge the drink as a snack then just pay for the special cup if you want it - the regular lids fit on the Belle cup to keep from getting messy too. Oh it was cold in the morning/evenings, but nice during the day. I'm guessing it'll be a bit cooler in a couple weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda471
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I've heard beginning of Dec is a great time to go if you still want to swim in the pools but it's iffy if you go in Jan-Feb so you picked a good time to go.  I'd do what the others say and pack so you can wear layers...sweastshirt and lightweight jackets...we were just there for the fall Halloween festivities (it was hot, hot hot, no jacket needed) and we would love plan to go back for all the Christmas parades maybe next 1-2 years!  That sounds awesome...have a great trip!!  I am starting to think Disney has no "down time" or off season anymore with the way they always have grand openings of new rides and attractions, visitors from around the world & kids who go to school all year round vs kids who have 3 months off at summertime.  We met a couple from Georgia who go to school all year round and just get small 2-3 week "breaks."  Good luck, enjoy it, and hope it's not too crowded!  BTW-My friend honeymooned at the Poly and the sunrises are gorgeous!!!

Jennifer_236
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM
We are going in two weeks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)