Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you go to DW without your husband?

Posted by   + Show Post

So I have been going to DW with my mom, sister and niece pretty much every year since I was born. Most of the time it has just been the four of us (three of us before my niece was born). It has always been our thing and I have a lot of very special childhood memories there. Anyways we took my son last year for his first time (he was 2 1/2) and my husband came along with us.  We had a lot of fun but honestly it is just not my husband's thing. He had fun seeing us have so much fun but he hates crowds and he got frustrated a lot by having a big group and having to wait on everyone.

So we have been planning to go for my nieces graduation this year for a while now but for whatever reason I thought she was graduating next year instead of this year. This will probably be our last trip all together as she is going off to college and my mom is getting older. My brother (niece's dad) and his wife are even coming which will make it even more special. My husband isn't getting as big as a bonus as he thought and with the trip being sooner than expected its going to be tight but it's a trip I would be so sad to miss. My husband says to go without him to save money. I know he really means it and wants me to go but I know when the time comes he is going to be sad he missed so many memories. We are planning to TTC #2 after the trip so we probably won't go for another 3-4 years.

Sorry this is so long but I am really on the fence about this and am wondering if any of you have went without your SO? 

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Replies (11-19):
amzbrznjz
by Heather on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:30 PM

my Dh is the same way but we go every year...but yes I would go without him

pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I have gone actually quite a few times without my husband.  He is not as big of Disney fan as I am.

bioteach
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:33 PM

My mom & I are taking my son (will be 2.5 at the time) in the spring.  My dad & husband are staying home - they aren't really Disney people, and don't want to take the time off work either.  And honestly, even though I'm a little sad DH will be missing DS's first trip there....we'll probably all have a better time without the guys.

ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM
I've taken my daughter 4 times, from Seattle, by ourselves without my husband.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erd820
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Thanks everyone, I feel so much better about my decision after reading your replies. I have decided to go with my mom and she actually got a free dining code which is awesome. The good news is the hubby said maybe next fall we can take a long weekend just the 3 of us :0).  Thanks again ladies, I am loving this board!

LKrasnor
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I say go without him too! I've gone without dh plenty of times since Disney is not his thing either. Have a great time!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Robin
by Robin on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:11 AM

I've been without my husband a bunch of times.  I always ask him to go with us but, when he says he has too much going on at work (he's not as big of a Disney fan as I am), he's usually fine with me flying the kids down for a long weekend to see the Halloween or Christmas decorations, etc...  We don't go for too long or we'd miss him! 

Our last trip was without him - I took mty 3 kids down for the Halloween party... Only thing was that our 2 day trip turned into a 2 week trip because of hurricane sandy.  It was hard to be away from him for so long.  Other than missing him, we had an amazing trip!!:)

jenny76
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Yes! My sisters and I all live far from each other so we once had an all girl trip to Disneyland we all left the husbands at home and my mother joined us. My sisters and I all have girls too so we had them with us too. We had soo much fun! We always talk about planning another one.

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:12 AM

You will have a good time.  And it will most likey be the last time 'your' family goes anywhere together.

Quoting erd820:

Thanks everyone, I feel so much better about my decision after reading your replies. I have decided to go with my mom and she actually got a free dining code which is awesome. The good news is the hubby said maybe next fall we can take a long weekend just the 3 of us :0).  Thanks again ladies, I am loving this board!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)