Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Make A Wish story, I wanted to share with my fellow Disney Moms

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM
  • 9 Replies
4 moms liked this

I have a friend that has been posting updates on a little 3 yr old boy going through cancer. She is really close to this family and we learned yesterday that he had lost his battle.My heart aches for this family as we are right here near the holidays.My friend had called me to ask if I would babysit her son while she attended the funeral.I cried as she told me about this brave little guy.

A few weeks ago, his doctors told the family to call Make a Wish and just live life as they want.His cancer was in stage 4 and treatments were not helping.Well in the last few weeks, the family did just that- they lived all of his days like they wanted. He took a trip to Disney  and came back home to a decorated tree & Santa arriving earlier than usual.My heart was grieving so bad for this family but until I heard this story about his trip and getting to experience all the magic, I know in my heart, his family made his last days the very best that they could.Little Korey is an angel now and it warms my heart that, just for a few days, he got to visit with Mickey and all the gang.

Thank you for letting me share with y'all as I knew my fellow Disney Moms would relate to the love I have for being in the happiest place on Earth.I am so much more excited to go back.

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
erd820
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I am sorry for your loss :0(. That poor baby.  I love make a wish.  My sister got to make a wish to WDW when we were younger and let me tell you they make everything SOOOO special. I am happy to hear he got to experience that. Thoughts and prayers to you and the family.

twnkedee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Thatnk you for sharing this story! Thoughts and prayers are with his family.

mushmom
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:50 AM

No parent or child should have to go through that!  I have goose bumps.  That poor family!  I am glad though that his last days sound amazing.  What great memories his family will cherish someday!

-bliss-
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:19 PM
I feel so badly for his poor family:-( I'm glad his last days were full of magic and family...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Excitedforbaby
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Oh how heartbreaking :(  Thoughts and prayers for the family.

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:11 PM
So sad. It does warm the heart to know that his final does were the best days. Prayers for family and friends.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LS1030
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:35 PM

So sad but so happy he got to experience Disney. I bet he had a wonderful time.

my2sweetjoys
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Thank you for all the prayers.I really appreciate them so much.hugs

miss_AP
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the Make a Wish, and I love how Disney is so involved since SO Many kids want to go to Disney for their wish. Thoughts and prayers with everyone that is grieveing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN