Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Bring the stroller or leave it??

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:12 PM
  • 24 Replies

Our 4 year old hasn't used a stroller in two years, we bought one specifically for Disney World but now I am thinking it's going to be more of a pain than it's worth? I'm thinking pictures and constantly being in then out of it, and then pushing it when we don't need it but we still have it on us. I don't want to regret not bringing it either though. We went with our oldest at age 4 also with no stroller & no issues, well until the tail end of the day but it was a looong day.

To bring the stroller or not?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:14 PM
I would bring it. A 4 year old doeant have to be strapped in and can get in and out pretty quickly. We use our a lot. A portion if the time to hold backpack or jackets but it still gets used.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erin708
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:18 PM
I rented a double for my almost 3yo and 6yo. It was def worth it. Even if they don't sit in it you can use it for storage
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:47 PM
We started renting as the kids got older. Having it just made it easier when they got tired as opposed to waiting until they were already tired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:08 AM
We had a double for our 2&5 yr olds. The 5 yr old used it quite a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:06 AM
We brought an umbrella stroller for my dd until she was a bit over 5. At 4 she would still tire out quickly from all the walking so having it was great. She didn't strap in, just sat and hopped out whenever she needed. Now she's old enough to walk and her 3 yo brother sits in it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lindaloucinda
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I know that Disney has lockers, never used them so I don't know if big enough for a stroller but if it is you could strore your stroller there and pick it up toward the end of the day when you need it and not have to deal with it all day.

MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:45 AM
They aren't big enough. But you can always just park it in stroller parking somewhere for awhile.

Quoting lindaloucinda:

I know that Disney has lockers, never used them so I don't know if big enough for a stroller but if it is you could strore your stroller there and pick it up toward the end of the day when you need it and not have to deal with it all day.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FlyingMommy747
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:47 AM

We went to Disneyland last summer with our then 3 1/2 year old who never used her stroller either.  We brought it, and I am sooo.... glad we did.  She ended up in it towards the end of every day and she even fell asleep in it a few times.  It is also great just for putting your junk in.  I thought about renting one, but at $15 per day it can really add up, and the airlines do not charge for a stroller anyway and you just check it at the gate.

We have a MacLaren umbrella type of stroller, so it is lightweight and easily manuverable.  Also having our own stroller made it easy to spot in the sea of rented strollers that all look alike.

Rychelle
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Bring it! I couldn't imagine not.y 4 yr old never used one at home even at six flags, or zoo or boardwalk. But Disney. He was wiped out!!! And most nights fell asleep in it and we got to continue walking around or seeing a parade/fireworks, shopping While he slept. Heck, my oldest was 7 last time we went and he was wanting to sit in it hahsha he said "I don't care if I look like a total dork, my legs are tired" lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:06 AM

My girls are 6 and 3. Even though they love to walk, we bring our stroller anyway. You never know when you might need it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)