Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Holy cow air fare!!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

Whoa, we dodged a huge bullet last night!!

We were planning to wait until Tuesday to get our plane tickets.  We needed to do the shift money from one account to the other thing, and just haven't had a chance.   Prices have gone down pretty significantly lately and it's about $230 round trip per person to fly down right now.   I called the airlines last night to ask a few questions about flying with a toddler etc, and asked if she could just take 2 payment types, and she said no but you can just divide the reservation.  WHY did I not think  of that? lol!

Anyway,  I ordered my flight and the 3 kids on one card, and my husband on another.  We picked our seats together and all is well.  

This morning, I went to make sure that the seats we picked are labled as taken now (I'm anal about that sort of thing) and holy moly the tickets went up to $295 round trip!  That's a HUGe difference when you're talking 5 people!   I almost passed out lol.   I would have KICKED myself if we'd of waited!!

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
patnic
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Awesome for you!  

LKrasnor
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM
That's great. Airfare prices seem crazy right now!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Missy13d69
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Right?! For us to fly down in April, it would be $697 per person round trip. I'm sure prices will drop closer to the date, but still! There are 7 of us going...We're making a nice long drive, because there's no way we are paying those prices.

Quoting LKrasnor:

That's great. Airfare prices seem crazy right now!

minneapolismama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Lucky! Ours was quoted at $590 total for all if us then it jumped to 1200. It's gone down to about 1050 but we still are waiting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)