Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

large families going to Disney and "flex codes"

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:51 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hi Ladies!  We are a family of 5 and went to WDW in Sept 2012.  It was our first trip as a family and it was just fantastic.  A week of blissful family time!  Since we are a family of 5 and my kids are 3,5 & 6 we will have to book a room that accomodates 5 or more, not just a room with 2 queen beds.  So when I look up rooms I get the Port Orleans (for moderate) b/c they have a 5th bed for small kids or $400 per night deluxe resort rooms.  Has anyone ever been offered a flex code and been bumped to a larger room at a nicer resort while talking with a Disney vacation planner?  I hear they offer great rates on the more deluxe and bigger rooms using these codes.  How do these work?

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM
We are also 5 and got tired of paying the crazy prices because of the addition of the littlest member of the family so we bought a timeshare from an ownwr at Wyndham bonnet creek which is across from the back of Epcot. 2 br 2 bath, full kitchen, LR/DR, free shuttle. 10 pools, slides, lazy river, spraygrounds. Plus activites for the kids. Will never stay at a regular hotel again. We stay there 3 weeks a year and rent out the other 3.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda471
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Quoting awesomemommy2:

We are also 5 and got tired of paying the crazy prices because of the addition of the littlest member of the family so we bought a timeshare from an ownwr at Wyndham bonnet creek which is across from the back of Epcot. 2 br 2 bath, full kitchen, LR/DR, free shuttle. 10 pools, slides, lazy river, spraygrounds. Plus activites for the kids. Will never stay at a regular hotel again. We stay there 3 weeks a year and rent out the other 3.

I checked out Bonnet Creek online and it's gorgeous and exacyly what we need.  We spoke to another couple while riding the monorail and they were staying there and saying it was really nice, close to everything, awesome pools and it's a great value.  If you ever need a renter, I'm open!! :)

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:20 PM

What about a family suite at AoA or ASMovies? I know one of the all stars has a family suite section. We are a family of 9 so we have to do 2 rooms at the values. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN