Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

What are the crowds like Disneyland in the first week of December?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

Anyone have any ideas on crowd levels?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Meg_the_Mermaid
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Crazy. On a scale of 1-10...they are a 10. Pretty much every day...there really won't be days that will be under an 8. it's just the way it is. I used to work there...the entire month of December was crazy and I worked insanely long hours every holiday season, hahah...good stuff! But there are ways to make it enjoyable...you do just really have to go in there knowing that it IS going to be crowded and find the ways to get around that. =) 

We're going tonight to see the lights and holiday decorations. It's already packed in the parks...level 10 crowds all week...but we're okay with that, we're passholders and go all the time and I know the tricks to making it less stressful. 

snowpeasmom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:11 PM
First week in Dec. On Tues- Thursday it's a 5, thanksguving week is always a 10, though next week on Monday and Tuesday it's supposed to be a 1 and I am going on the 27
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
patnic
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Wow - I totally thought it would be dead!  I think I'm going on December 5th.

Thanks for the information.

anxiousschk
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I thought the first/second weeks of December were supposed to be lower crowds??  Isn't that what the crowd level indicators said?  

I know that Thanksgiving itself is a nightmare and so are the days surrounding it, right?  I also know that the closer to Christmas it gets the worse the crowd gets...right?  

snowpeasmom
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:30 AM
That's right but the crowd calander shows the first week crowded.

Quoting anxiousschk:

I thought the first/second weeks of December were supposed to be lower crowds??  Isn't that what the crowd level indicators said?  

I know that Thanksgiving itself is a nightmare and so are the days surrounding it, right?  I also know that the closer to Christmas it gets the worse the crowd gets...right?  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
patnic
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:52 PM

And we are talking Disneyland, right?  Not Disney World...

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Snowpeas mom is in CA.

Quoting patnic:

And we are talking Disneyland, right?  Not Disney World...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Meg_the_Mermaid
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm just going by what I know from working at Disneyland and being a passholder there now. It will definitely be crowded. Some days may not be AS crowded as others (like mid-week may not be so bad...but Friday-Sunday will definitely be crowded). That's what I was basing my info off of. Though even when it's crowded, it depends on where the crowds are. When we went the other night, it was definitely crowded, but still bearable. The lines were long for the "E-ticket" rides, but that's to be expected. And yet, when we were at DCA and went over to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail area, there was hardly anyone over there...it was really nice. I'm just saying to not expect it to be a leisurely stroll during December...you will definitely meet crowds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN