Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Caribbean Resort or POR??

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM
  • 24 Replies
First of all, I'm so worried my husband & I will be disappointed in the moderate resort we decide to stay at because we've only stayed in deluxe resorts. With two kids, (although one is only 2years old) we really would rather not spending $5,000 on a deluxe so we've agreed to stay in a moderate resort. Now, choosing which one is the hard part! We've strolled through POR so we know it's beautiful. Caribbean looks like so much fun though. What is your preference over the two?
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rychelle
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM
I choose POR by a landslide!!!! If you do go with CBR though I'd pay for a preferred room. We stayed in the pirate rooms, which cost more and were the furthest away from the food court and main pool. After walking miles and miles all day, last thing we wanted to do was have a long walk to grab a coffee/drink or wait for another bus to take us there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM

POR! 

MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I'm glad you guys are saying POR bc I'm staying there next week for my marathon weekend :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gracieb3
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM

We always loved the port orleans. Haven't stayed there is awhile but loved it. I find the newer resorts require too much walking to get to bus pick up or on site dining. I'm waiting to hear what others think if Art of Animation as I was seriously looking into this one since we like to try new places but after viewing the online map, decided to wait on it for next trip. Have a great trip.

mom_to_ryan
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I don't know much about POR but CBR does require alot of walking.  Resort was really beautiful and we loved the pool etc but the walking with a little one might be exhausting. 

reneawesley
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:16 PM

We stayed at cbr and loved it. It feels like your in a tropical paradise. We stayed in Jamaica and took the bridge to old port royale. At a leisurely pace it took 7-10 min together there. If we stay moderate we will stay there again.

nlonnon
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM

We've stayed at CBR twice and have loved it both times.  Once in Barbados and the other in Aruba.  Our walk from Barbados was all of 5 minutes, maybe less and Aruba was about 7-10 minutes.  My kids (now 3&5) loved the resort and we really like the smaller pools at each island versus going to the big pool.

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I have never been to either, we always stay at POFQ.  I love it there.  POFQ and POR share many of the same facilities.  I love being able to take a walk along the river and even taking the ferry to DTD.

In other words, if I had to choose between CBR or POR - I would go with POR.  BTW, POR and POFQ share buses.  POFQ is the first stop and only has one bus stop.  POR has 2 or 3.

snowpeasmom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Aoa from review i read if you stay in little mermaid you are a good 10-15 min walk from everything.

Quoting gracieb3:

We always loved the port orleans. Haven't stayed there is awhile but loved it. I find the newer resorts require too much walking to get to bus pick up or on site dining. I'm waiting to hear what others think if Art of Animation as I was seriously looking into this one since we like to try new places but after viewing the online map, decided to wait on it for next trip. Have a great trip.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabs852
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for all of your feedback! We've decided to stay in POR. We are reserving one of the royal rooms for my princesses bday!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)