Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Caribbean Resort or POR??

Posted by   + Show Post
First of all, I'm so worried my husband & I will be disappointed in the moderate resort we decide to stay at because we've only stayed in deluxe resorts. With two kids, (although one is only 2years old) we really would rather not spending $5,000 on a deluxe so we've agreed to stay in a moderate resort. Now, choosing which one is the hard part! We've strolled through POR so we know it's beautiful. Caribbean looks like so much fun though. What is your preference over the two?
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Replies (21-24):
patnic
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I have only stayed at POR and CSR.  

The music at POR drove me nuts.  Banjo twang-twang music on the bus, at the pool, on the walkways, in the food court.  We visited POFQ and the music was a little better.

If we go back, I'm going back to CSR.  I felt like I was in Mexico, not the deep South.

But I have never heard it bother anyone else, so I'm sure you'll like it!

4evermom65
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I choose POR.  We have stayed in both and I prefer POR.  CBR is quite large and unless you are close to the bus, pool or food court you will be doing a lot of walking.  POR is more intimate and my boys liked the pool better there anyways.  We even went to POFQ pool too it wasn't that far.

Jansan24
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Just stayed at POR and liked it! You're right, the grounds are very pretty. Our room had two queen beds and a flip down single bed (ideal for a small child). I haven't been to CB in long time because last time I was there, it was showing its years.

babyfinnsmom
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Have you made your decision yet?  Were you thinking about PORFQ or Riverside?  We've only stayed at PORFQ, and loved how laid back it was.  Staying at CBR was a little hectic.  I was pregnant with DS, and got tired of so much walking.  I liked the theming and the food court though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)