Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

disneyland planning

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM
  • 16 Replies
I am planning our first family vacation to disneyland! *wicked excited!!* And Im doing my best to do my homework on saving as much money as possible. And since I know NOTHING about this stuff... this is what I have planned out and not sure if this sounds right or if anyone can help me out with lowering it more. We wanted to stay under $3000 if possible. And it seems like everytime I got over numbers.. they keep changing. So Im not sure what the hell Im doing wrong. Pwease!! Help!!!

K. Here we go.
Family of 4. 2 adults and 2 boys.
We live in Rocklin ca and we will be driving down there.
we will be buying our own food to bring down and eating in the hotel and bringing snacks and water if they let us bring them in.
we were going in march to avoid the heavy traffic season of people. I went when I was younder during this time and it was awesome!! there was hardly anyone there!! And during the week.

So heres our lay out:

Tickets : $950
Room at the carousel inn (which is directly across the street so we can walk there): $900.00
Parking there: $50
Food: $200
Gas: $400

total would be around $2500. 00

Does this sound about right to go to Disneyland???
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM

How many days at the park and what kind of room?

Also which dates?   Easter is the 31st so the last week will be busy and more expensive.

msalice_21
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:34 PM
We wanted to go for 4 days and get the park hopper. We wanted just a simple room with 2 queen size beds. It doesnt really matter what days in march it could be in april too but we are really excited and wanted to go asap lol. But whatever is the cheapest works

Quoting awesomemommy2:

How many days at the park and what kind of room?

Also which dates?   Easter is the 31st so the last week will be busy and more expensive.

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:51 PM

The ticket price is just what it is.   We normally do 3 days which is a smidge less and enough time to see everything with a 2, 4 & 6 year old.   We stay at either the Wyndham Anaheim or Dolphin Cove (we own Wyndham Vacation Club) and a 4 night stay that time of year runs about $750 in a 1BR Villa (King BR, LR with Q/pullout, DR Full Kit & Bath).   We can walk to DL from there so no need to pay for parking.   

Since we always have a full kitchen we eat a big breakfast and bring water and some high protein snacks and have dinner when we get back to the resort.    We will grab a snack or something at the park (I love funnel cake) but we also have a stroller so bringing is not an issue.   

msalice_21
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I looked into that place because i saw your response to a previous post. It actually cost more than it would for us to be at the carousel inn.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

The ticket price is just what it is.   We normally do 3 days which is a smidge less and enough time to see everything with a 2, 4 & 6 year old.   We stay at either the Wyndham Anaheim or Dolphin Cove (we own Wyndham Vacation Club) and a 4 night stay that time of year runs about $750 in a 1BR Villa (King BR, LR with Q/pullout, DR Full Kit & Bath).   We can walk to DL from there so no need to pay for parking.   

Since we always have a full kitchen we eat a big breakfast and bring water and some high protein snacks and have dinner when we get back to the resort.    We will grab a snack or something at the park (I love funnel cake) but we also have a stroller so bringing is not an issue.   

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM

The wyndham price is always cheaper for owners.   You could probably do the hotel a little cheaper.  Are you staying 4 nights or more.  The weekends rates on those hotels always jump up.  You can stay for $100 on a tuesday but it can be $250 on a Saturday.   Friends of ours that drive usually stay outside of Anaheim the night before and the last night to save a few $

Quoting msalice_21:

I looked into that place because i saw your response to a previous post. It actually cost more than it would for us to be at the carousel inn.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM

And we also usually do a 7 night stay and having the full kitchen and washer a dryer is HUGE with 3 kids.   

msalice_21
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Thr plan was to arrive on sunday (leaving at like 4 am because we
greed we would be too excited to sleep) check in and head to the park. We were staying till wednesday where we would be checking out and leaving.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:08 PM
If its only 3 nights $900 is alot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mabdallah
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM

If you are going Sunday through Wednesday then $900 sounds expensive to me too. We always stay at the HOJO and it was almost cheaper than $900  for 7 days in the summer. Please look around because many of the hotels charge for parking and many state they are walking distance however are really far. HOJO's parking is free. Also most check in times are at 3 or 4 pm so you would need to see if the hotel could store your luggage or let you park your car while you are in the parks.

I would go early March because of Easter being the last weekend.

For food in the parks we also buy Disney gift cards and use them because buying them often gets us many gas awards at Safeway. I would say most of the places in the park take them. You can also bring your own food in however it needs to be in a soft sided cooler not hard sided coolers, they are not permited.

I usually bring in water and snacks to eat while we are in line and use the gift cards for more meals. We brought $350.00 in gift cards this summer for 3 adults and my 3 year old DD.  ( we also did 4 park days) We had plenty of money to spare, however I did book 2 character breakfasts and both I paid for ahead of time. My usual thumb is $100.00 a day for a family. But it all depends on where you eat and if you share meals.

Hope this helps and all I can say is do your research because there are many deals to be had just have to look for them.

englebabies
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM
What are the ages of the boys
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN