Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

disneyland planning

Posted by   + Show Post
I am planning our first family vacation to disneyland! *wicked excited!!* And Im doing my best to do my homework on saving as much money as possible. And since I know NOTHING about this stuff... this is what I have planned out and not sure if this sounds right or if anyone can help me out with lowering it more. We wanted to stay under $3000 if possible. And it seems like everytime I got over numbers.. they keep changing. So Im not sure what the hell Im doing wrong. Pwease!! Help!!!

K. Here we go.
Family of 4. 2 adults and 2 boys.
We live in Rocklin ca and we will be driving down there.
we will be buying our own food to bring down and eating in the hotel and bringing snacks and water if they let us bring them in.
we were going in march to avoid the heavy traffic season of people. I went when I was younder during this time and it was awesome!! there was hardly anyone there!! And during the week.

So heres our lay out:

Tickets : $950
Room at the carousel inn (which is directly across the street so we can walk there): $900.00
Parking there: $50
Food: $200
Gas: $400

total would be around $2500. 00

Does this sound about right to go to Disneyland???
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Replies (11-16):
mbrowne1
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM

If you package up the tickets and room, it appears you can get it for about $100 less (about $1750 or a bit under that). 

msalice_21
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM
4 and 6

Quoting englebabies:

What are the ages of the boys

msalice_21
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Right? I wasn't expecting it to be that much.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

If its only 3 nights $900 is alot

englebabies
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I found you can stay at Paradise Pier for march 11-14 for 2204
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:16 PM
I've been there in March several times and its had a good amount of people - remember alot of kids are on spring break that time, its also a month with no block out dates for annual holders. Sorry to rain on your parade.

I always take my own glow sticks, and little light toys, target has some Disney ones for like 3 bucks - so I don't have to dish out $20 bucks per light toy!

You're hotel sounds expensive for being just a basic room, and if they charge you for parking separately that's ridiculous. We usually stay at the best western.

Supervane
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Check Costco for tickets, I bought some there once and they came with a$50 Disney gift card

Quoting msalice_21:

We wanted to go for 4 days and get the park hopper. We wanted just a simple room with 2 queen size beds. It doesnt really matter what days in march it could be in april too but we are really excited and wanted to go asap lol. But whatever is the cheapest works

Quoting awesomemommy2:

How many days at the park and what kind of room?

Also which dates?   Easter is the 31st so the last week will be busy and more expensive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN