Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pro's & Con's of a TA

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:48 AM
  • 14 Replies

I am booking tomorrow. I have been pouring over TA sites (Disney specific, not generealized TA's). I found one that will give me a $25 gift card for booking.

I know they are free (they earn their money off Disney, not me), but is it worth it to use a TA? I have read stories where people said they HEARD of people who wound up with a lot of headaches from the wrong reservataions, etc.

Here are my main questions:

If I book with a TA, will I be able to log in myself to do ADR's, or does the TA have to do it?

Can I still access the reservation online to look it over through Disney's site?

I found a site that offers a bonus gift card if I book through Disney, then transfer the res to them. Is that all right to do?

Any suggestions of TA's would be helpful- I like the idea of someone other than just Disney profiting off my reservation, without it costing me anything. But I also like the idea of a free gift card if I can ;) (free spending money for the kids!)

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CATCHERSMOM
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:22 AM

When we were planning our last trip I booked online but then transferred the reservation to a TA  offering a gift card.  I couldn't make any payments online, dining reservations nothing.  Everything had to go thru the TA.   I know this sound silly but I like to be able to look at my reservation and make my own payments online.  I guess I like to be in control.   Lol!!! 

vicky33006
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Having a TA was a bit of a nightmare for me, although that was mostly because I chose a sucky TA. What I didn't like though, and wouldn't, was that I had no control whatsoever over my reservation. I mean, they wouldn't even tell me about it over the phone. I found booking myself to be just as easy... Even easier for me since I also like to have control. So far, no snags along the way from booking myself, but I'll let you know after our trip if I made any major screw ups. Lol

I'm sure there are some awesome TAs, and I've heard wonderful things about Diana on here... So I think it's an individual situation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:39 AM

I too like to be in control I would never use one, I like to do all the work and have all the fun of doing it lol

Rychelle
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I use a TA who is on here (Littlefoots). I've been to Disney prob 15 times. And can book my own, but I've used her the last few trips and for our upcoming and it's been such a great experience!!!! I have an extremely busy life and it's wonderful to have someone who can take care of things for me. I'm still in control, she just does all the leg work. Anything I want booked or changed I just give her a call or send a message and she does it for me. I still do all the planning but when it's a 2 hour hold with Disney, she's the one on and I'm out at my kids game knowing its being taken care of. I don't have to stalk the newest deals. When they come out she calls me and applies it to our ressie. If i have any questions, I shoot a quick message and within no time I have an email with info and pics and links. It's amazing! Anything that happens on vacation she takes care of too. In August we got stuck in the hurricane and had to change plans. Again a quick text to Diana, and whole we were enjoying shopping, my ressies were being canceled and rebooked to what we wanted to change due to the rain. I say if you can find a great TA it's totally worth it!!! Especially when you have a busy schedule like I do between work, house stuff, the kids school and sports etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM

i have gone through disney and had headaches and i have gone through a ta. the ta gave me way more stress and headache, she never answered my emails, or even phone calls, she had her daughter answer the phone and tell me she call me back. NOTHING. the first time i booked she almoat forgot to send my paper work but people on thuis site raved about her so i tried again, and got a bigger headache.

i love planning trips and a local friend hooked me up with herta, who actually specilizes in business travel but wants to expand. So in exchange formy skills in business, she is paying for me to get my ta certificates, and even the specilized one for disney.

I have booked dining reservations even when booking with a ta. i havent tried on line, but as longas you have your room reservation number you can book dining.

edit to add the person i am now working with did book my trip, even if they dont specialize in disney she did a kick ass job making the reservation. she even used my disney one to teach me a few tricks. So it depends on the ta...

reneawesley
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I have always booked myself with no problems. 

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I use littlefoots too. She is great. Like Rychelle said its good knowing things get taken care of and I can still deal with my kids. Trying to wait on hold and then talk to an agent can be difficult with little ones in the house. Also I don't have to worry about them over hearing details. If its a surprise it can stay a surprise. Recently went to apply the spring discount to my trip. She called and took care of it and even figured out a way for me to keep my reservation and still get the new FL discount tix. Disney wanted to cancel but the cc is no longer active. My money would have been tied up for months. I can see my reservations on the disney site. Just enter in the number the TA gives you. I let her do my ADRs just sent her a message with what I wanted and she got them all for me on that day.

Quoting Rychelle:

I use a TA who is on here (Littlefoots). I've been to Disney prob 15 times. And can book my own, but I've used her the last few trips and for our upcoming and it's been such a great experience!!!! I have an extremely busy life and it's wonderful to have someone who can take care of things for me. I'm still in control, she just does all the leg work. Anything I want booked or changed I just give her a call or send a message and she does it for me. I still do all the planning but when it's a 2 hour hold with Disney, she's the one on and I'm out at my kids game knowing its being taken care of. I don't have to stalk the newest deals. When they come out she calls me and applies it to our ressie. If i have any questions, I shoot a quick message and within no time I have an email with info and pics and links. It's amazing! Anything that happens on vacation she takes care of too. In August we got stuck in the hurricane and had to change plans. Again a quick text to Diana, and whole we were enjoying shopping, my ressies were being canceled and rebooked to what we wanted to change due to the rain. I say if you can find a great TA it's totally worth it!!! Especially when you have a busy schedule like I do between work, house stuff, the kids school and sports etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Thank you ladies! What site does Littlefoots work through? 

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Here is the link to the website http://www.secondstartravelllc.com/

Here is her FB page http://www.facebook.com/SecondStarTravelLLC/info

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Thanks!

Quoting angelmom224:

Here is the link to the website http://www.secondstartravelllc.com/

Here is her FB page http://www.facebook.com/SecondStarTravelLLC/info

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)