Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when you are not saving for Disney?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:17 AM
  • 11 Replies

We are saving for a house and not Disney...feels weird.  lol  Different goal.  We just got back from a 10 day trip in August and I swear it feels like it has been forever since we went.  My 5 y/o asks literally every day to go back to Disney.  Last week, she even put on her Rapunzel dress, packed her rapunzel suitcase and said..."let's go!  Disney is opening in one hour."  (We live in Indiana...not sure how that would work. haha).

Other than watching movies or watching parades on you tube, any ideas on helping us on our Disney fix?

Thanks! :)

After 4 trips in 6 years, I am now saving for a house and not Disney.smile mini

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Movies, imaginary planning, as well as watching the tour videos on Netflix. 

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:34 AM

After June of this summer we'll be saving for a big move to Las Vegas and my wedding so no Disney for a few years and then it's not going to be WDW but Disneyland :)

As for me when I lived in NYC we would go to the Disney store and it was great b/c that store had characters meet and greet!

Now we live in Miami again and we go to the store and do the movies and looking at videos also.....

RutterMama
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

We save for more than one thing at once. We don't use credit for anything but our mortgage, so right now we are saving for house upgrades & repairs (carpet, paint, cabinets...)

Refurbished
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Last week, she even put on her Rapunzel dress, packed her rapunzel suitcase and said..."let's go!

That's adorable! 

dfollin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:20 AM
What do I do when I am not saving for Disney?.......wishing I was there,lol

I have Lake Buena Vista,FL saving as a place on My Weather Channel app I usually go on there every day and see how warm it is and sometimes rhar makes me feel warmer.I look at our pics from our trip there last summer.I go our ro rhe sire and look at rhe pics and start planning another trip.Bur,rhis new sire is very difficult to navigate!
dfollin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Quoting AnnaNonamus:

Movies, imaginary planning, as well as watching the tour videos on Netflix. 

EXACTLY! Thats what I was getting at..."imaginary planning".I may not get there this year,but it makes me feel better to think I might!
dfollin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Quoting Dawne98:

After June of this summer we'll be saving for a big move to Las Vegas and my wedding so no Disney for a few years and then it's not going to be WDW but Disneyland :)

As for me when I lived in NYC we would go to the Disney store and it was great b/c that store had characters meet and greet!

Now we live in Miami again and we go to the store and do the movies and looking at videos also.....

Good luck and congrats! But,if I were gerring married again and could afford it I'd get married ar DW!

The Disney store rhar's a great idea!
RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM

We're always saving for some sort of trip ... right now we just paid off our vacation this coming April (cruise) but we also actively put money away for Disney (2015 - saving on a Dis gift card), for my husband's birthday trip to Atlantic City this October, for my birthday trip to Ireland in 2017 ... on top of that, we also do little overnights or weekend trips to get our travel bug satisfied lol

But right after we came back from Disney last time, I made a Shutterfly book and did a trip journal, so I got to live it again a few more times. By the time that gets old, we're usually booking our next vacation, so it helps distract me from not going to Disney as often as I'd like.

reneawesley
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I'm always planning our next vacation. Up until a week ago, it was for our 2014 disney trip. Checking prices, reading reports, keeping up with changes. Currently I'm planning our disney cruise for April. After that, I'll be researching for 2014 again. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)